DLT tape drive

I just installed a DLT2000XT tape drive, and while the
computer has installed the proper drivers, and it works
with a back-up program, I want to use it for video
editing and want to import some media files that are on a
tape. I cannot find the drive when I explore, and do not
know how to access it. Any help would be appreciated!
1 answer Last reply
More about tape drive

    Tape drives are only used for backing up and restoring files. You can not
    normally use it with a drive letter since it does not allow direct access.

    You will need to locate some type of software driver which will allow you to
    assign a drive letter to it. Be warned: tape is a sequential device and it
    takes a lot of time to read the data that may be at the end of the tape
    cartridge.

    You will be a lot better if you where to buy another hard drive for you
    editing. Hard drives are faster.

    "Ric Williams" <ric@wqtalent.com> wrote in message
    > I just installed a DLT2000XT tape drive, and while the
    > computer has installed the proper drivers, and it works
    > with a back-up program, I want to use it for video
    > editing and want to import some media files that are on a
    > tape. I cannot find the drive when I explore, and do not
    > know how to access it. Any help would be appreciated!

Hardware Microsoft Windows XP