DLT tape drive

April 4, 2004 11:30:47 PM

I just installed a DLT2000XT tape drive, and while the
computer has installed the proper drivers, and it works
with a back-up program, I want to use it for video
editing and want to import some media files that are on a
tape. I cannot find the drive when I explore, and do not
know how to access it. Any help would be appreciated!

More about : dlt tape drive

Anonymous
April 5, 2004 2:25:25 PM

Tape drives are only used for backing up and restoring files. You can not
normally use it with a drive letter since it does not allow direct access.

You will need to locate some type of software driver which will allow you to
assign a drive letter to it. Be warned: tape is a sequential device and it
takes a lot of time to read the data that may be at the end of the tape
cartridge.

You will be a lot better if you where to buy another hard drive for you
editing. Hard drives are faster.

!