john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Hi,

My HP 950c printer will not pick up 6x4 photo cards as
the rubber rollers have gone shiny and polished.
Any ideas please how I may roughen these rollers as I
have tried sandpaper and other methods to physically
score them. Is there any liquid which will soften them
without causing damage.
It is ok with A4 letter paper.
Any help will be obliged.
Thank you,
John

Hello
Have you tried HP Tech Support,

Al

John wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My HP 950c printer will not pick up 6x4 photo cards as
> the rubber rollers have gone shiny and polished.
> Any ideas please how I may roughen these rollers as I
> have tried sandpaper and other methods to physically
> score them. Is there any liquid which will soften them
> without causing damage.
> It is ok with A4 letter paper.
> Any help will be obliged.
> Thank you,
> John

Try comp.periphs.printers and comp.sys.hp.hardware for specific
expertise.