MS Wireless Desktop Elite Keyboard F LOCK state

Harold

Is there anyway to set the F LOCK to default to ON when
the PC is switched on.
It is most annoying to find the keyboard resets the FLOCK
to off everytime the PC is restarted (even if I use
Hibernate). I dont want my F keys to do fancy things, I
want them to behave my Function key.
This is a serious design defect on the part of Microsoft
to not offer an option to default the FLOCK key.
Seriously annoying - ruins an otherwise perfect keyboard.
I found some registry hacks on a website which was meant
to remap all the F keys to make them behave as normal F
keys but it does not work.

The F-Lock is hard wired to be off when power is reset. The
only problem I have is when I want to access the BIOS I have
to turn the PC ON, press the F-Lock and then the F2 key all
within about 2 seconds or its too late. So I pit my right
hand on the F-Lock key and press the power button with my
left hand. As soon as I press the power and the keyboards
lights up, I press the F-Lock and then the F2.

BTW, F is supposed to mean function but it also could be a
shorter f-word.

"Harold" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:188a901c41b00$b541b9f0$a101280a@phx.gbl...
| Is there anyway to set the F LOCK to default to ON when
| the PC is switched on.
| It is most annoying to find the keyboard resets the FLOCK
| to off everytime the PC is restarted (even if I use
| Hibernate). I dont want my F keys to do fancy things, I
| want them to behave my Function key.
| This is a serious design defect on the part of Microsoft
| to not offer an option to default the FLOCK key.
| Seriously annoying - ruins an otherwise perfect keyboard.
| I found some registry hacks on a website which was meant
| to remap all the F keys to make them behave as normal F
| keys but it does not work.

http://www.mvps.org/jtsang/flock.html

Try this.
Sitaraman

"Harold" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there anyway to set the F LOCK to default to ON when
> the PC is switched on.
> It is most annoying to find the keyboard resets the FLOCK
> to off everytime the PC is restarted (even if I use
> Hibernate). I dont want my F keys to do fancy things, I
> want them to behave my Function key.
> This is a serious design defect on the part of Microsoft
> to not offer an option to default the FLOCK key.
> Seriously annoying - ruins an otherwise perfect keyboard.
> I found some registry hacks on a website which was meant
> to remap all the F keys to make them behave as normal F
> keys but it does not work.

Some of the MVPs here have a workinf F Lock reg hack for MS keyboards and
Logitech keyboards. They do seem to work.

"Harold" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there anyway to set the F LOCK to default to ON when
> the PC is switched on.
> It is most annoying to find the keyboard resets the FLOCK
> to off everytime the PC is restarted (even if I use
> Hibernate). I dont want my F keys to do fancy things, I
> want them to behave my Function key.
> This is a serious design defect on the part of Microsoft
> to not offer an option to default the FLOCK key.
> Seriously annoying - ruins an otherwise perfect keyboard.
> I found some registry hacks on a website which was meant
> to remap all the F keys to make them behave as normal F
> keys but it does not work.

TRENDING THREADS