Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

in my infinite wisdom i removed my sound driver. how do
i get sound back into my computer. thanks...

Dev

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2001

/don/ said:

> In my infinite wisdom I removed my sound driver. How do
> I get sound back into my computer?

Perhaps it was furnished on CD with the PC. Or the latest drivers should
be available for download from the manufacturer's WEBsite. Reinstall
those drivers.

--
For most XP answers and tweaks...
http://dougknox.com http://aumha.org

debbie

Oops is right. The only software I received outside of
this PC was a disk for AOL. HP said they would send
software, as some of it is corrupted, and the so-called
application software is corrupted. Instead, the disks
would restore it the way it was sold. They did send a
patch for the software. Must have had other complaints.
Anyway, you can also try the WindowsXP restore point (not
the system restore, just restore it to the time before
you deleted your driver.) However, I tried that on my PC,
even tested it by creating a restore point, it did not
work and the PC would not boot up properly. I highly
recommend Symantec's GoBack deluxe (GoBAck personnal was
free after rebate (it is packaged with Norton
Systemworks) at CompUSA a few weeks ago) for such
problems!