Old Joystick

Charles

I have an old Microsoft Sidewinder 3D Pro Plus joystick
that used to plug into the back of a desktop computer
using an old style 16 pin socket with screw in holders
(smaller than the parallel port, larger than the serial
port, often in the soundcard). The plug actually only has
9 pins, arranged 5 on one level, 4 on the other.

Is there an adaptor available so I can plug this into a
USB port? If so, do you know where I might be able to buy
such a thing?

Hello

You can try search on google.com but other than
that your pretty much out of luck

Al

Charles wrote:

> I have an old Microsoft Sidewinder 3D Pro Plus joystick
> that used to plug into the back of a desktop computer
> using an old style 16 pin socket with screw in holders
> (smaller than the parallel port, larger than the serial
> port, often in the soundcard). The plug actually only has
> 9 pins, arranged 5 on one level, 4 on the other.
>
> Is there an adaptor available so I can plug this into a
> USB port? If so, do you know where I might be able to buy
> such a thing?

Actually for about the cost of many adaptors you can usually buy a USB
joystick.

Joshua Smith
DirectInput and OpenGL Test Labs
Microsoft