CPU disconnect function

Hi
What is CPU disconnect function in Bios on NF7-S ? I think someone wrote, in
group, that when it's disabled computer is runing faster ?? Manual says that
when set to enable the system will dissconnect the S2K FSB on a C1 state
change and one more question mark ???

THX

chip

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2001

"Alen" <nospam@here.bla> wrote in message news:c4soon$7sv$2@bagan.srce.hr...
> Hi
> What is CPU disconnect function in Bios on NF7-S ? I think someone wrote,
in
> group, that when it's disabled computer is runing faster ?? Manual says
that
> when set to enable the system will dissconnect the S2K FSB on a C1 state
> change and one more question mark ???

It enables the CPU to idle properly (i.e. go into a low power mode) when its
not being used. This reduces the amount of heat it produces and can lower
your CPU temperatures. There are many things in Windows that could stop
your CPU from idling though, so you might not see any benefit. But it is
safe to Enable this bios option: it won't do any harm.

Chip.