dual monitors

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I'm trying to use two identical lcd monitors on my
computer, but I can't seem to use the 2nd monitor, even
though my video card (Radeon 9000 128mb) supports dual
monitors. The 2nd monitor has the same background as the
primary monitor and I can slide the cursor across both
monitors, but there is no start button, tool bars, or
program icons on the screen. I can drag the tool bar or a
program icon to monitor #2, but when I open it, it appears
on the primary monitor only. Any help will be greatly
appreciated.

Aren't you supposed to use the Display Properties to stretch your desktop to
the secondary monitor?

Sitaraman

"Frank" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to use two identical lcd monitors on my
> computer, but I can't seem to use the 2nd monitor, even
> though my video card (Radeon 9000 128mb) supports dual
> monitors. The 2nd monitor has the same background as the
> primary monitor and I can slide the cursor across both
> monitors, but there is no start button, tool bars, or
> program icons on the screen. I can drag the tool bar or a
> program icon to monitor #2, but when I open it, it appears
> on the primary monitor only. Any help will be greatly
> appreciated.

dl

Its down to config of the radeon software.
eg you can set an app to open to Mon1 or Mon2