Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

AI7 POST error

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 6, 2004 4:22:12 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

Just assembled new components on Abit AI7 motherboard.

After power up I have no video. System speaker gives one long beep every few
seconds. Motherboard LED's show POST error code E6 that is not listed in
Abit manual or anywhere that I have searched. I have checked the video board
in another machine and it works fine. Also have tried all the
troubleshooting suggestions listed in the Abit manual with no luck. RMA'd MB
to Newegg for replacement. Replacement board does exact same thing.

Does anyone have any experience with Crucial memory installed on this board?

Thanks in advance for any help.





CPU: Intel Pentium 4 / 3.0GHz

HDD: Western Digital SATA Raptor WD360GD-00FNAO

HDD: Seagate SATA Baracuda ST3120026AS

Memory: Crucial CT6464Z40BA.M8T6 512MB 184-PIN DIMM 64Mx64 DDR PC3200

Video: BFG Asylum 5700 Ultra 128MB AGP 8X

More about : ai7 post error

April 6, 2004 4:22:13 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

What the spec/model on that Crucial?

Jim


"ROBERT MACIAS" <rdmacias@verizon.net> wrote in message
news:UKmcc.967$bd4.754@nwrddc01.gnilink.net...
> Just assembled new components on Abit AI7 motherboard.
>
> After power up I have no video. System speaker gives one long beep every
few
> seconds. Motherboard LED's show POST error code E6 that is not listed in
> Abit manual or anywhere that I have searched. I have checked the video
board
> in another machine and it works fine. Also have tried all the
> troubleshooting suggestions listed in the Abit manual with no luck. RMA'd
MB
> to Newegg for replacement. Replacement board does exact same thing.
>
> Does anyone have any experience with Crucial memory installed on this
board?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
>
>
>
>
> CPU: Intel Pentium 4 / 3.0GHz
>
> HDD: Western Digital SATA Raptor WD360GD-00FNAO
>
> HDD: Seagate SATA Baracuda ST3120026AS
>
> Memory: Crucial CT6464Z40BA.M8T6 512MB 184-PIN DIMM 64Mx64 DDR PC3200
>
> Video: BFG Asylum 5700 Ultra 128MB AGP 8X
>
>
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 6, 2004 8:50:31 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

Hi,
did you try and re-seat everything? (like Memory etc?).
--
Wayne ][
<Sign on door reads: Please Do No Disturb! Pentium 4 assembly in progress!>
Related resources
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 6, 2004 9:57:13 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

Yes, I did that several times. At this point I have CPU, one stick of
memory, AGP video, monitor, and keyboard connected. The results are always
the same.

Thanks for your interest

"Wayne Youngman" <waynes.spamtrap@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
news:4072d088$1_1@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com...
> Hi,
> did you try and re-seat everything? (like Memory etc?).
> --
> Wayne ][
> <Sign on door reads: Please Do No Disturb! Pentium 4 assembly in
progress!>
>
>
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 6, 2004 9:57:14 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

"ROBERT MACIAS" wrote
> Yes, I did that several times. At this point I have CPU, one stick of
> memory, AGP video, monitor, and keyboard connected. The results are always
> the same.


Hi,
have you some different memory or another graphics card you can test?
--
Wayne ][
<Struggling to get my Intel® Pentium® 4 system stable with OCZ PLAT-LE
2-7-2-2>
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 8, 2004 9:34:24 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 17:57:13 GMT, "ROBERT MACIAS"
<rdmacias@verizon.net> wrote:

>Yes, I did that several times. At this point I have CPU, one stick of
>memory, AGP video, monitor, and keyboard connected. The results are always
>the same.


hi, you might want to try http://forum.abit-usa.com/ & do a search on
mem probs w/a17. i read on there something about having to use
certain mem types to get the board started sometimes...
pax,
h2
April 10, 2004 10:57:24 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

did you try clearing the CMOS with the jumper, all power removed? I realize
that the bios has never been set up but maybe clearing it will allow you to
get started. the beeping sounds like a memory issue to me...

--

Thomas Geery
Network+ certified

ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
ftp://68.98.180.8 Abit Mirror <----- Cable modem IP
This IP is dynamic so it *could* change!...
over 130,000 FTP users served!
^^^^^^^




"ROBERT MACIAS" <rdmacias@verizon.net> wrote in message
news:UKmcc.967$bd4.754@nwrddc01.gnilink.net...
> Just assembled new components on Abit AI7 motherboard.
>
> After power up I have no video. System speaker gives one long beep every
few
> seconds. Motherboard LED's show POST error code E6 that is not listed in
> Abit manual or anywhere that I have searched. I have checked the video
board
> in another machine and it works fine. Also have tried all the
> troubleshooting suggestions listed in the Abit manual with no luck. RMA'd
MB
> to Newegg for replacement. Replacement board does exact same thing.
>
> Does anyone have any experience with Crucial memory installed on this
board?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
>
>
>
>
> CPU: Intel Pentium 4 / 3.0GHz
>
> HDD: Western Digital SATA Raptor WD360GD-00FNAO
>
> HDD: Seagate SATA Baracuda ST3120026AS
>
> Memory: Crucial CT6464Z40BA.M8T6 512MB 184-PIN DIMM 64Mx64 DDR PC3200
>
> Video: BFG Asylum 5700 Ultra 128MB AGP 8X
>
>
!