Hi
My mobo has some led's alight. They are very close to the FPIO1 (I
think) where the connectors from the front panel go. A green and a red
led are on when the machine is. Whon pwer is off, only the red led is
on. Why? Also, when the power is off, the red led in my optical mouse is
on, this didn't happen with the previous mobo.
Cheers
Alex

"Alexander Ehrnrooth" <aeh@sci.fi> wrote in message
> Hi
> My mobo has some led's alight. They are very close to the FPIO1 (I
> think) where the connectors from the front panel go. A green and a red
> led are on when the machine is. Whon pwer is off, only the red led is
> on. Why? Also, when the power is off, the red led in my optical mouse is
> on, this didn't happen with the previous mobo.
> Cheers
> Alex

Hi Alex -

The red LED is lit when there is backup power supplied to the motherboard
(i.e., your computer is plugged in and your power supply is turned on).

The green LED is lit when you start the board.

Your mouse is staying lit because there's backup power supplied to it.
There are a pair of jumpers not previously documented in the motherboard
manual which control when there is backup power supplied to the keyboard
and/or USB ports, providing the ability to start your computer with these
devices. Pick up the latest manual from
http://fae.abit.com.tw/eng/download/dlmanual.php?name=NF7%20Series&file=nf7.pdf
(link may wrap) for a full description of all the jumpers on your board.

Jef