Abit NF7-S Add on Firewire Card

Hello,

This is my very first AMD Athlon Motherboard and also very first Abit
Motherboard, anyways my concern is this, wheN i got the board back in
October, i didn't realize it was suppose to come with Firewire card and
usb bracket for the rear, and also seriallel ata adapter is another
thing I didn't have in the box. is there a place I buy them if I
wanted those items, without rmaing the board like Abit support told me,
and my local shop.

Thanks all

P.S. On cooling--would it be best to get shop to see if they can fit a
front fan in this case, and maybe a rear one also. (not sure about the
rear though, since ATX power cable would be right behind rear fan
area..originally that was tied off with a wire tie through the rear
possible fan mount, but I removed that, since I tried installing fan
myself once
2 answers Last reply
More about abit firewire card

    "Patrick" <bikeman234@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    | Hello,
    |
    | This is my very first AMD Athlon Motherboard and also very first Abit
    | Motherboard, anyways my concern is this, wheN i got the board back in
    | October, i didn't realize it was suppose to come with Firewire card and
    | usb bracket for the rear, and also seriallel ata adapter is another
    | thing I didn't have in the box. is there a place I buy them if I
    | wanted those items, without rmaing the board like Abit support told me,
    | and my local shop.
    |

    | Thanks all
    |
    | P.S. On cooling--would it be best to get shop to see if they can fit a
    | front fan in this case, and maybe a rear one also. (not sure about the
    | rear though, since ATX power cable would be right behind rear fan
    | area..originally that was tied off with a wire tie through the rear
    | possible fan mount, but I removed that, since I tried installing fan
    | myself once

    Hi Patrick -

    The two items you're talking about are quite pricey at Abit's retail
    partner, ExcaliberPC...

    The Firewire/USB2 connector is listed on page 1 and the Seriell2 adaptor is
    listed on page 2:
    http://www.excaliberpc.com/default.php?cPath=156_162&sort=1a&&page=1

    Regarding your cooling question:
    My opinion: a front fan blowing in on the lower front and a rear fan blowing
    out at the upper rear are usually pretty good bets for effective case
    cooling.

    In my non-air conditioned Southern California house (where it gets quite hot
    in the late summer), I also have a side fan blowing in and a top fan blowing
    out -- my case had mounts for all four fans.... and a second rear fan space
    if I need to make even more noise.

    Jef
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    Return it to dealer, since those extras would cost you about $40!

    On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 12:52:02 -0500, Patrick <bikeman234@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >This is my very first AMD Athlon Motherboard and also very first Abit
    >Motherboard, anyways my concern is this, wheN i got the board back in
    >October, i didn't realize it was suppose to come with Firewire card and
    >usb bracket for the rear, and also seriallel ata adapter is another
    >thing I didn't have in the box. is there a place I buy them if I
    >wanted those items, without rmaing the board like Abit support told me,
    >and my local shop.
    >

    >Thanks all
    >
    >P.S. On cooling--would it be best to get shop to see if they can fit a
    >front fan in this case, and maybe a rear one also. (not sure about the
    >rear though, since ATX power cable would be right behind rear fan
    >area..originally that was tied off with a wire tie through the rear
    >possible fan mount, but I removed that, since I tried installing fan
    >myself once

Firewire Motherboards Product