Abit NF7-S Add on Firewire Card

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
April 6, 2004 4:52:02 PM

Hello,

This is my very first AMD Athlon Motherboard and also very first Abit
Motherboard, anyways my concern is this, wheN i got the board back in
October, i didn't realize it was suppose to come with Firewire card and
usb bracket for the rear, and also seriallel ata adapter is another
thing I didn't have in the box. is there a place I buy them if I
wanted those items, without rmaing the board like Abit support told me,
and my local shop.

Thanks all

P.S. On cooling--would it be best to get shop to see if they can fit a
front fan in this case, and maybe a rear one also. (not sure about the
rear though, since ATX power cable would be right behind rear fan
area..originally that was tied off with a wire tie through the rear
possible fan mount, but I removed that, since I tried installing fan
myself once
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 6, 2004 4:52:03 PM

"Patrick" <bikeman234@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| Hello,
|
| This is my very first AMD Athlon Motherboard and also very first Abit
| Motherboard, anyways my concern is this, wheN i got the board back in
| October, i didn't realize it was suppose to come with Firewire card and
| usb bracket for the rear, and also seriallel ata adapter is another
| thing I didn't have in the box. is there a place I buy them if I
| wanted those items, without rmaing the board like Abit support told me,
| and my local shop.
|

| Thanks all
|
| P.S. On cooling--would it be best to get shop to see if they can fit a
| front fan in this case, and maybe a rear one also. (not sure about the
| rear though, since ATX power cable would be right behind rear fan
| area..originally that was tied off with a wire tie through the rear
| possible fan mount, but I removed that, since I tried installing fan
| myself once

Hi Patrick -

The two items you're talking about are quite pricey at Abit's retail
partner, ExcaliberPC...

The Firewire/USB2 connector is listed on page 1 and the Seriell2 adaptor is
listed on page 2:
http://www.excaliberpc.com/default.php?cPath=156_162&so...

Regarding your cooling question:
My opinion: a front fan blowing in on the lower front and a rear fan blowing
out at the upper rear are usually pretty good bets for effective case
cooling.

In my non-air conditioned Southern California house (where it gets quite hot
in the late summer), I also have a side fan blowing in and a top fan blowing
out -- my case had mounts for all four fans.... and a second rear fan space
if I need to make even more noise.

Jef
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 6, 2004 9:15:58 PM

Return it to dealer, since those extras would cost you about $40!

!