USB Logitech cordless mouse has stopped working

I hope you can help please
I plugged in my USB disk key into my 8:1 hub and my USB mouse has stopped
working.
I removed my disk key and rebooted-still no mouse
I plugged the mouse receiver into different USB ports-still no mouse
I removed and reinstalled the USB mouse drivers and the USB mouse is not
recognised
I rebooted again and still no mouse.
The mouse itself has new batteries and is lit
Do you think my USB receiver/USB lead has broken?

Is there anything else I can do except throw the thing away?

TIA
Regards
Sheri

--
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as
well dance

dl

My usb cordless logitech disappears on bootup occasionally - I have to
fiddle with the reconnect btns , and eventually its ok - prev. one was ok,
till I spilt beer on it!