USB Logitech cordless mouse has stopped working

I hope you can help please
I plugged in my USB disk key into my 8:1 hub and my USB mouse has stopped
working.
I removed my disk key and rebooted-still no mouse
I plugged the mouse receiver into different USB ports-still no mouse
I removed and reinstalled the USB mouse drivers and the USB mouse is not
recognised
I rebooted again and still no mouse.
The mouse itself has new batteries and is lit
Do you think my USB receiver/USB lead has broken?

Is there anything else I can do except throw the thing away?

TIA
Regards
Sheri

--
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as
well dance

    My usb cordless logitech disappears on bootup occasionally - I have to
    fiddle with the reconnect btns , and eventually its ok - prev. one was ok,
    till I spilt beer on it!

    "BitzChick" <Bitzchick2003@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    > I hope you can help please
    > I plugged in my USB disk key into my 8:1 hub and my USB mouse has stopped
    > working.
    > I removed my disk key and rebooted-still no mouse
    > I plugged the mouse receiver into different USB ports-still no mouse
    > I removed and reinstalled the USB mouse drivers and the USB mouse is not
    > recognised
    > I rebooted again and still no mouse.
    > The mouse itself has new batteries and is lit
    > Do you think my USB receiver/USB lead has broken?
    >
    > Is there anything else I can do except throw the thing away?
    >
    > TIA
    > Regards
    > Sheri
    >
    > --
    > Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as
    > well dance

Mice USB Logitech Windows XP