Abit nf7-s

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
April 8, 2004 10:46:15 PM

Hi there have a machine in front of me
abit nf7-s, 2200xp, 512mb (adata, have used other ram to test), 160 gb
maxtor hd

firstly have component tested everything, but the cpu and the mobo, will do
that tommorw,

sometimes this computer boots up perfectly sometimes when i press the power
on button, the fans whir, the light inside stays on, but absolutely nothing
on the screen, no beep that u usualy hear, it just stays with this black
screen, and no apparent life.

but sometimes it will work
im not sure what the problem is, (we've replaced the battery on the mobo,
the bios has been updated)

so does any one care to shed some light on this problem!

thanks
Figurt

More about : abit nf7

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 8, 2004 11:33:01 PM

On Thu, 8 Apr 2004 18:46:15 +0100, Figurt <no.one@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi there have a machine in front of me
> abit nf7-s, 2200xp, 512mb (adata, have used other ram to test), 160 gb
> maxtor hd
>
> firstly have component tested everything, but the cpu and the mobo, will do
> that tommorw,
>
> sometimes this computer boots up perfectly sometimes when i press the power
> on button, the fans whir, the light inside stays on, but absolutely nothing
> on the screen, no beep that u usualy hear, it just stays with this black
> screen, and no apparent life.
>
> but sometimes it will work
> im not sure what the problem is, (we've replaced the battery on the mobo,
> the bios has been updated)
>
> so does any one care to shed some light on this problem!
>
> thanks
> Figurt

When all you get are the fans and lights have you actually tried just
hitting the reset switch? Does it boot up normally if you do that? There
is an issue with some systems and some power supplies such that when the
PS is cold (early morning, not been used for a while), the inital
boot-up surge is quite high and the PS doesn't send its "power-good"
signal to the CPU. Hitting the reset switch will usually work. It is an
inconvenience and the only way around it I know of is to try a
different, higher powered power supply. Sometimes changing the video
card apparently works, depending on how much initial wattage the video
card consumes.

Let me know if this looks like your problem.

Larry Gagnon, A+ certified tech.

--
to reply via email remove "fake"

havent tried that but will do,
changed the psu many times (from generic, to enermax 365W) done the video
card thing...
im just so surprised as i have a very similar setup
but mine runs perfectly...will give it a shot, thanks a lot!

!