Compaq Evo N600c and Windows7

foto65

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Hi all! I installed windows7 on my laptop Evo N600c and everything is runnig smothly exept that it cant find drivers for the "soundcard",i asked hpcompaq but didn´t even get a answer so i wonder if anyone nows a possible sollution to this!. I now it´s a old laptop! but it runns very well.

ulysses35

Distinguished
if you can find out the make and model of the motherboard - cpuz will help you here, then you can look on the mobo makers website for a driver. If there is no windows 7 driver listed then the vista one will work just fine

foto65

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
The only thing i could find out is the part number of the systemboard! 241430-001
i didnt find any maker of it! my guess is that it is Hpcompac!. There are no drivers for Vista that i could find so i guess im screwed!.

G

Hi, install the windows 98 driver. It works fine, make sure you don't install the xp driver as this will make the blue screen of death occur!

G

okay this is how its done i have a Compaq Evo n610c Pentium 4 and the way i did it is. first you have to have an internet connection then go to start menu,control panel,hardware and sound then go to sound windows 7 will let you know that you don't have audio drivers and ask for you trouble shoot option and fix the problem and it will automatically find it for you and/or update it for you. here are my specs on audio controller.

Intel(r) 82801 CA/CAM AC'97 Audio Controller Default Device.
Mexican man muy buena suerte con tu computadora :hello:

Hardisk

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2010
Hi I've just installed windows7 on a laptop Evo n610C

I've also fixed the trouble of audio driver, in this way

1) download sound driver for xp from here

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=316666&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=316664&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1093

2) The driver is named sp27092

3) DO'NT INSTALL IT, otherwise a message will say-System incompatibility', but you've to expand this driver into a folder, by means of 7zip

http://www.7-zip.org/

4) Open Device Manager and upgrade your audio driver(having a yellow question mark) , pointing to the folder just created.

5) Windows 7'll accept this driver, reboot and you'll have the wished sound
Regards
Donald