Epson C82 won't print even after new ink

My Epson C82 ran out of ink (all 4 cartridges), I replaced them all,
followed all directions and nothign prints. Well the paper is fed through
and there are very faint markings on th paper. Any ideas?

Windows XP, latest drivers from epson,.

Thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about epson print

    Have you run any nozzle checks or cleaning cycles?

    "eblaster" <eblaster@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > My Epson C82 ran out of ink (all 4 cartridges), I replaced them all,
    > followed all directions and nothign prints. Well the paper is fed through
    > and there are very faint markings on th paper. Any ideas?
    >
    > Windows XP, latest drivers from epson,.
    >
    > Thanks

    Many times.

    "Safetymom123" <safetymom123@prodigy.net> wrote in message
    > Have you run any nozzle checks or cleaning cycles?
    >

    > "eblaster" <eblaster@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > > My Epson C82 ran out of ink (all 4 cartridges), I replaced them all,
    > > followed all directions and nothign prints. Well the paper is fed
    through
    > > and there are very faint markings on th paper. Any ideas?
    > >
    > > Windows XP, latest drivers from epson,.
    > >
    > > Thanks

    did you use genuine Epson ink? I used compatibles that did not work, and
    then even Epson ink did not work. the printer was still on warranty, and
    Epson replaced it free.

    In article <vgKbc.13924$dp2.3744759@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>,
    "BobS" <nospamenotnot@optonline.net> wrote:

    > "eblaster" <eblaster@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Safetymom123" <safetymom123@prodigy.net> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > "eblaster" <eblaster@comcast.net> wrote in message

    > > > Have you run any nozzle checks or cleaning cycles?
    > > >

    > > Many times.
    > >

    > did you use genuine Epson ink? I used compatibles that did not work, and
    > then even Epson ink did not work. the printer was still on warranty, and
    > Epson replaced it free.

    If your C82 is still in warranty, Epson will probably replace it with
    little or no argument.

    I had a C80 that developed a flakey print head about a two weeks before
    it was out of warranty. When I called epson tech support and described
    the problem, the tech asked a few questions, and then said they would
    replace it. IIRC, I had a brand new C82 two days later, and shipped the
    old printer back.

    That was about 13 months ago, and my C82 is still working fine. I always
    use official Epson ink.

    It's really a pretty smart policy on their part. If I went out and
    bought a new printer, I might buy another brand. By giving me a new
    Epson printer, I continue to purchase Epson ink cartridges, and that's
    where they make most of their money.

    --
    Gordon Alley <*>
    <mailto:galley@texas.net>

    No, no longer under warranty. Yes, always used Epson ink. I'm guessing the
    ink dried up in the heads/nozzles and has clogged the path to the paper.

    "Gordon B. Alley" <galley@texas.net> wrote in message
    > In article <vgKbc.13924$dp2.3744759@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>,
    > "BobS" <nospamenotnot@optonline.net> wrote:
    >
    > > "eblaster" <eblaster@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > "Safetymom123" <safetymom123@prodigy.net> wrote in message

    > > > Many times.
    > > >

    > > did you use genuine Epson ink? I used compatibles that did not work, and
    > > then even Epson ink did not work. the printer was still on warranty, and
    > > Epson replaced it free.
    >
    > If your C82 is still in warranty, Epson will probably replace it with
    > little or no argument.
    >
    > I had a C80 that developed a flakey print head about a two weeks before
    > it was out of warranty. When I called epson tech support and described
    > the problem, the tech asked a few questions, and then said they would
    > replace it. IIRC, I had a brand new C82 two days later, and shipped the
    > old printer back.
    >
    > That was about 13 months ago, and my C82 is still working fine. I always
    > use official Epson ink.
    >
    > It's really a pretty smart policy on their part. If I went out and
    > bought a new printer, I might buy another brand. By giving me a new
    > Epson printer, I continue to purchase Epson ink cartridges, and that's
    > where they make most of their money.
    >
    > --
    > Gordon Alley <*>
    > <mailto:galley@texas.net>