Epson C82 won't print even after new ink

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
April 3, 2004 5:13:42 AM

My Epson C82 ran out of ink (all 4 cartridges), I replaced them all,
followed all directions and nothign prints. Well the paper is fed through
and there are very faint markings on th paper. Any ideas?

Windows XP, latest drivers from epson,.

Thanks

More about : epson c82 print ink

Anonymous
April 3, 2004 5:40:14 PM

Have you run any nozzle checks or cleaning cycles?

"eblaster" <eblaster@comcast.net> wrote in message
> My Epson C82 ran out of ink (all 4 cartridges), I replaced them all,
> followed all directions and nothign prints. Well the paper is fed through
> and there are very faint markings on th paper. Any ideas?
>
> Windows XP, latest drivers from epson,.
>
> Thanks

Anonymous
April 4, 2004 3:22:02 AM

Many times.

"Safetymom123" <safetymom123@prodigy.net> wrote in message
> Have you run any nozzle checks or cleaning cycles?
>

> "eblaster" <eblaster@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > My Epson C82 ran out of ink (all 4 cartridges), I replaced them all,
> > followed all directions and nothign prints. Well the paper is fed
through
> > and there are very faint markings on th paper. Any ideas?
> >
> > Windows XP, latest drivers from epson,.
> >
> > Thanks

Related resources
April 4, 2004 7:19:07 AM

did you use genuine Epson ink? I used compatibles that did not work, and
then even Epson ink did not work. the printer was still on warranty, and
Epson replaced it free.

> Many times.
>
> "Safetymom123" <safetymom123@prodigy.net> wrote in message
> > Have you run any nozzle checks or cleaning cycles?
> >

> > "eblaster" <eblaster@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > > My Epson C82 ran out of ink (all 4 cartridges), I replaced them all,
> > > followed all directions and nothign prints. Well the paper is fed
> through
> > > and there are very faint markings on th paper. Any ideas?
> > >
> > > Windows XP, latest drivers from epson,.
> > >
> > > Thanks

Anonymous
April 4, 2004 8:17:39 AM

In article <vgKbc.13924$dp2.3744759@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>,
"BobS" <nospamenotnot@optonline.net> wrote:

> "eblaster" <eblaster@comcast.net> wrote in message
> >
> > "Safetymom123" <safetymom123@prodigy.net> wrote in message
> > >
> > > "eblaster" <eblaster@comcast.net> wrote in message

> > > Have you run any nozzle checks or cleaning cycles?
> > >

> > Many times.
> >

> did you use genuine Epson ink? I used compatibles that did not work, and
> then even Epson ink did not work. the printer was still on warranty, and
> Epson replaced it free.

If your C82 is still in warranty, Epson will probably replace it with
little or no argument.

I had a C80 that developed a flakey print head about a two weeks before
it was out of warranty. When I called epson tech support and described
the problem, the tech asked a few questions, and then said they would
replace it. IIRC, I had a brand new C82 two days later, and shipped the
old printer back.

That was about 13 months ago, and my C82 is still working fine. I always
use official Epson ink.

It's really a pretty smart policy on their part. If I went out and
bought a new printer, I might buy another brand. By giving me a new
Epson printer, I continue to purchase Epson ink cartridges, and that's
where they make most of their money.

--
Gordon Alley <*>
<mailto:galley@texas.net>

No, no longer under warranty. Yes, always used Epson ink. I'm guessing the
ink dried up in the heads/nozzles and has clogged the path to the paper.

!