Hard drive problem please help me!

Hi,

Last night I was coping some files to my D: partition I left the room
when I got back windows had just booted back up and said it was
recovering from a serious error! Now the D: partition is bad and asks
me to format it! WTF!

Oh and both the C: and the D: partitios are on the same pysical
drive... 120 WD drive

The C: drive is acting up now and take a LONG tome to boot up to
windows and not everything loads! Plus everything tends to run slow
and timeout a lot...

I guess this hard drive is toast or soon will be...

Anyway I can recover my data on the D: partition cheaply? I dont
have $1000+ to pay for those data recovery service or software...

Is there a poor mans solution or am I just out of luck?

Thanks for any help!

Moondog

Did the lights flicker while you were out of the room?