Hard drive problem please help me!

Hi,

Last night I was coping some files to my D: partition I left the room
when I got back windows had just booted back up and said it was
recovering from a serious error! Now the D: partition is bad and asks
me to format it! WTF!

Oh and both the C: and the D: partitios are on the same pysical
drive... 120 WD drive

The C: drive is acting up now and take a LONG tome to boot up to
windows and not everything loads! Plus everything tends to run slow
and timeout a lot...

I guess this hard drive is toast or soon will be...

Anyway I can recover my data on the D: partition cheaply? I dont
have $1000+ to pay for those data recovery service or software...

Is there a poor mans solution or am I just out of luck?

Thanks for any help!

Moondog
1 answer Last reply
More about hard drive problem

    Did the lights flicker while you were out of the room?

    "Moondog" <Trekhaven2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    | Hi,
    |
    | Last night I was coping some files to my D: partition I
    left the room
    | when I got back windows had just booted back up and said
    it was
    | recovering from a serious error! Now the D: partition is
    bad and asks
    | me to format it! WTF!
    |
    | Oh and both the C: and the D: partitios are on the same
    pysical
    | drive... 120 WD drive
    |
    | The C: drive is acting up now and take a LONG tome to boot
    up to
    | windows and not everything loads! Plus everything tends
    to run slow
    | and timeout a lot...
    |
    | I guess this hard drive is toast or soon will be...
    |
    | Anyway I can recover my data on the D: partition cheaply?
    I dont
    | have $1000+ to pay for those data recovery service or
    software...

    | Is there a poor mans solution or am I just out of luck?
    |
    | Thanks for any help!
    |
    | Moondog

Partition Hard Drives Windows XP