HP All-in-One printer/scanner problem

a b α HP
April 5, 2004 10:00:48 PM

Has anyone succeeded in installing that hardware (hp 1350)
on his computer, using the HP installation CD.
I just annot get the HP Director to work.

I get this message :

Library not installed
Line 58
9
Director3.htm

I have tried everything - uninstall, reboot, reinstall, with
or without printer/scanner connected (the printer works, but
not the scanner).

I can access the scanner with WindowsXP Scanner and Camera Wizard.
But it will not launch from the hardware Scan button.

I must say I changed motherboard, and reinstalled Windows and
other software.

With my previous board, I had problems too with HP 1350 installation,
but I cannot recall how I fixed it.

Woudl appreciate your help.

More about : printer scanner problem

Anonymous
a b α HP
April 5, 2004 10:00:49 PM

1. Physically disconnect your HP PSC 1350 from your computer.
2. Uninstall any HP PSC 1350 software currently installed.
3. Go to Start > Settings > Printers and Faxes and right-click each
HP icon shown and select DELETE.
4. Visit http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html and download
the latest Windows XP compatible software/drivers for your specific
model number.

Example:
http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/softwareList.jhtml?reg=&cc...

5. Read and follow the HP software installation instructions precisely.
You must install the software first, then reconnect your HP PSC 1350
when prompted to do so and then turn it on.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"Natéag" <PasPolitus@nowhere.com> wrote in message:

| Has anyone succeeded in installing that hardware (hp 1350)
| on his computer, using the HP installation CD.
| I just annot get the HP Director to work.
|
| I get this message :
|
| Library not installed
| Line 58
| 9
| Director3.htm
|
| I have tried everything - uninstall, reboot, reinstall, with
| or without printer/scanner connected (the printer works, but
| not the scanner).
|
| I can access the scanner with WindowsXP Scanner and Camera Wizard.
| But it will not launch from the hardware Scan button.
|
| I must say I changed motherboard, and reinstalled Windows and
| other software.
|
| With my previous board, I had problems too with HP 1350 installation,
| but I cannot recall how I fixed it.
|
| Woudl appreciate your help.
Anonymous
a b α HP
April 6, 2004 12:47:13 AM

Thanks. I am going to try that tomorrow.
I have had enough for today.

HP system check showed no problem with drivers.

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" <mrxp2004@nospamyahoo.com> a écrit dans le message de
news:o Q$knx1GEHA.2084@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> 1. Physically disconnect your HP PSC 1350 from your computer.
> 2. Uninstall any HP PSC 1350 software currently installed.
> 3. Go to Start > Settings > Printers and Faxes and right-click each
> HP icon shown and select DELETE.
> 4. Visit http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html and download
> the latest Windows XP compatible software/drivers for your specific
> model number.
>
> Example:

http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/softwareList.jhtml?reg=&cc...

> 5. Read and follow the HP software installation instructions precisely.
> You must install the software first, then reconnect your HP PSC 1350
> when prompted to do so and then turn it on.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
>
> Be Smart! Protect your PC!

> "Natéag" <PasPolitus@nowhere.com> wrote in message:
>
> | Has anyone succeeded in installing that hardware (hp 1350)
> | on his computer, using the HP installation CD.
> | I just annot get the HP Director to work.
> |
> | I get this message :
> |
> | Library not installed
> | Line 58
> | 9
> | Director3.htm
> |
> | I have tried everything - uninstall, reboot, reinstall, with
> | or without printer/scanner connected (the printer works, but
> | not the scanner).
> |
> | I can access the scanner with WindowsXP Scanner and Camera Wizard.
> | But it will not launch from the hardware Scan button.
> |
> | I must say I changed motherboard, and reinstalled Windows and
> | other software.
> |
> | With my previous board, I had problems too with HP 1350 installation,
> | but I cannot recall how I fixed it.
> |
> | Woudl appreciate your help.

a b α HP
April 10, 2004 5:34:24 AM

You missed out the MOST important steps.......

STEP 4 as on my website - so the old and possibly corrupted drivers will be
reinstalled. Step 4 MUST be completed in order fot XP and 2000 to force
them to see new drivers.

Also for the scanner part - you mst go into the Device Manager, look for
Imaging Devices and right click the scanner and select uninstall. Then
reboot the PC.

Then reinstall the updated software and do NOT reconnect the All in One unit
unit until the softare tells you to dp so.

www.coribright.com

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" <mrxp2004@nospamyahoo.com> wrote in message
news:o Q$knx1GEHA.2084@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> 1. Physically disconnect your HP PSC 1350 from your computer.
> 2. Uninstall any HP PSC 1350 software currently installed.
> 3. Go to Start > Settings > Printers and Faxes and right-click each
> HP icon shown and select DELETE.
> 4. Visit http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html and download
> the latest Windows XP compatible software/drivers for your specific
> model number.
>
> Example:

http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/softwareList.jhtml?reg=&cc...

> 5. Read and follow the HP software installation instructions precisely.
> You must install the software first, then reconnect your HP PSC 1350
> when prompted to do so and then turn it on.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
>
> Be Smart! Protect your PC!

> "Natéag" <PasPolitus@nowhere.com> wrote in message:
>
> | Has anyone succeeded in installing that hardware (hp 1350)
> | on his computer, using the HP installation CD.
> | I just annot get the HP Director to work.
> |
> | I get this message :
> |
> | Library not installed
> | Line 58
> | 9
> | Director3.htm
> |
> | I have tried everything - uninstall, reboot, reinstall, with
> | or without printer/scanner connected (the printer works, but
> | not the scanner).
> |
> | I can access the scanner with WindowsXP Scanner and Camera Wizard.
> | But it will not launch from the hardware Scan button.
> |
> | I must say I changed motherboard, and reinstalled Windows and
> | other software.
> |
> | With my previous board, I had problems too with HP 1350 installation,
> | but I cannot recall how I fixed it.
> |
> | Woudl appreciate your help.

April 20, 2009 2:59:07 PM

One last suggestion and it is the only thing that worked for me.
After about the eighth try doing all the above, the only thing that worked was to:

Uninstall anything that had HP on the front using the "add/remove programs" ,

Go into safe mode and delete the HP directory in the program files directory.

That was the problem! the read only files, and the files that directory that are accessed on windows startup, stops the installation from working.
Once the directory was gone, the install CD worked like a dream and I got my scan button back and the HP director worked a treat.
August 28, 2009 4:08:11 PM

I found that this file(hpqtra08.exe) keeps getting deleted and I have to keep reinstalling it to get my scan button to work on my 1350 hp. I keep a copy in my documents. When the scan button stops working, I just reinstall that file and it works again just fine.
February 28, 2012 1:54:54 PM

garybear said:
I found that this file(hpqtra08.exe) keeps getting deleted and I have to keep reinstalling it to get my scan button to work on my 1350 hp. I keep a copy in my documents. When the scan button stops working, I just reinstall that file and it works again just fine.

Well that's still not a real solution, but I'd love it if "all" I had to do each time was reinstall a single file. I'm using the HP 2610, and so far the only way I've discovered to solve my problem is to completely uninstall and reinstall the drivers every time I reboot my machine.

Can anyone tell me how I would go about finding which (if any) files go missing so that I can try and get a copy to keep on my desktop?
!