AN7 hard drive boot device Question

I just swapped an AN7 in for a NF-7S that had a bad BIOS Flash. I have two
windows HD on the AN7 on IDE1. The one on master is old and I rarely use it,
the slave is my primary windows drive I use. When I had my NF-7S I could
use the BIOS to switch between HDD-0 to HDD-1. It looks like abit deleted
HDD-1,2.3 and added options for USB drives in their place. So it will just
boot IDE1 master (HDD-0) with no option for another HD.

I just unplugged the power to HDD-0 amd I am now able to boot from IDE1
slave (HDD-1)

Ultimately I can swap jumpers and cables to make the slave a master but I
was wondering if there is a way to solve this within the BIOS
1 answer Last reply
More about hard drive boot device question

    Several possibilities.

    If you have a PCI controller card, like a Promise Ultra100 TX2, that device
    may be selectable over the IDE HD in the BIOS (it is on my AI7). Such a
    controller can be had for ~$15 on eBay.

    Or, you can get yourself a Trios (
    http://www.3dgameman.com/vr/romtec/trios2/video_review.htm ), which allows
    you to toggle the devices *physically* via a simple switch (the downside
    being cost and the fact that you can't see the one HD when the other is HD
    is booted, this wouldn't be a problem w/ BootIt NG, for example). But you
    can add a third "shared" HD, which is a nice feature.

    Or, you could install a boot manager, like BootIt NG which would allow you
    to toggle back and forth *logically* between HDs. That'll run you about
    $35, or try the free (but lightly supported) XOSL boot manager (
    http://www.freedownloads.be/html/downloaddetail.php?down_ID=308 ).

    IMO, the easiest and cheapest solution *initially* is to simply try BootIt
    NG (30 day free trial) or XOSL and see if you like either one. If not,
    they're easy enough to uninstall.

    HTH

    Jim

    "Leadfoot" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > I just swapped an AN7 in for a NF-7S that had a bad BIOS Flash. I have
    two
    > windows HD on the AN7 on IDE1. The one on master is old and I rarely use
    it,
    > the slave is my primary windows drive I use. When I had my NF-7S I could
    > use the BIOS to switch between HDD-0 to HDD-1. It looks like abit deleted
    > HDD-1,2.3 and added options for USB drives in their place. So it will just
    > boot IDE1 master (HDD-0) with no option for another HD.
    >
    > I just unplugged the power to HDD-0 amd I am now able to boot from IDE1
    > slave (HDD-1)
    >
    > Ultimately I can swap jumpers and cables to make the slave a master but I
    > was wondering if there is a way to solve this within the BIOS

BIOS Boot Hard Drives Motherboards