Minolta 2300 Drum Reset

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
April 3, 2004 4:55:16 PM

Does anyone know how to reset the Minolta-QMS 2300DL drum counter ?

Mike
Anonymous
April 4, 2004 1:49:01 AM

In all consumables used by the 2200 are fuses present which are responsible
for the counter reset.
I assume you actualy replaced the unit but it failed to clear the counter.
I do not know if you mean the transfer drum or the opc-drum.
For the transfer drum its a 80 mA printfuse located on a small circuit board
at the back of the unit behind a black cover.
For the opc-drum its a standard 80mA fuse located underneath two metal
contact strips at the rear end of the drum

greetz
Jeff

"Michael Vogel" <ohnepost@freesurf.ch> schreef in bericht
> Does anyone know how to reset the Minolta-QMS 2300DL drum counter ?
>
> Mike
Anonymous
April 4, 2004 5:48:50 AM

Jeff

thanks for your advice. I didn't replace the opc-drum, but the lcd
displays the warning that the opc-drum soon wears out (only about 6000
pages printed!!). Btw i use the Minolta-QMS Magicolor 2300DL, so i
have to figure out if it uses the same kind of fuses you described for
the 2200 when the printer refuses to print.

Mike

"FutureChild" <future|dot|child|at|wanadoo|dot|nl> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:406f1526$0$93595$abc4f4c3@news.wanadoo.nl...
> In all consumables used by the 2200 are fuses present which are
responsible
> for the counter reset.
> I assume you actualy replaced the unit but it failed to clear the
counter.
> I do not know if you mean the transfer drum or the opc-drum.
> For the transfer drum its a 80 mA printfuse located on a small
circuit board
> at the back of the unit behind a black cover.
> For the opc-drum its a standard 80mA fuse located underneath two
metal
> contact strips at the rear end of the drum
>
> greetz
> Jeff
>
> "Michael Vogel" <ohnepost@freesurf.ch> schreef in bericht
> > Does anyone know how to reset the Minolta-QMS 2300DL drum counter
?

> > Mike

April 4, 2004 5:48:51 AM

If the design is the same.... When you pull the OPC, you will see some metal
contacts that might allow you to replace a fuse within (after removing the
superficial connections).....then again, there might be a chip that the
printer "understands" ...you're screwed if this is the case...

Remember though, the OPC might really need replacing...doubtful....just
watch carefully the quality of your prints....AND DON'T PRINT A BUNCH
WITHOUT LOOKING AT A FEW OCCASIONALLY as they print...it's no fun when you
print a 100 and something fowls up after the 10th print.

Please let us know your direction.

Joe

"Michael Vogel" <ohnepost@freesurf.ch> wrote in message
> Jeff
>
> thanks for your advice. I didn't replace the opc-drum, but the lcd
> displays the warning that the opc-drum soon wears out (only about 6000
> pages printed!!). Btw i use the Minolta-QMS Magicolor 2300DL, so i
> have to figure out if it uses the same kind of fuses you described for
> the 2200 when the printer refuses to print.
>
> Mike
>
> "FutureChild" <future|dot|child|at|wanadoo|dot|nl> schrieb im
> Newsbeitrag news:406f1526$0$93595$abc4f4c3@news.wanadoo.nl...
> > In all consumables used by the 2200 are fuses present which are
> responsible
> > for the counter reset.
> > I assume you actualy replaced the unit but it failed to clear the
> counter.
> > I do not know if you mean the transfer drum or the opc-drum.
> > For the transfer drum its a 80 mA printfuse located on a small
> circuit board
> > at the back of the unit behind a black cover.
> > For the opc-drum its a standard 80mA fuse located underneath two
> metal
> > contact strips at the rear end of the drum
> >
> > greetz
> > Jeff
> >
> > "Michael Vogel" <ohnepost@freesurf.ch> schreef in bericht
> > > Does anyone know how to reset the Minolta-QMS 2300DL drum counter
> ?
> > >
> > > Mike

April 6, 2004 3:11:20 PM

"Michael Vogel" <ohnepost@freesurf.ch> wrote:

> Does anyone know how to reset the Minolta-QMS 2300DL drum counter ?
>
> Mike

I don't own Minolta printer to know anything about it, but some laser
printer you just need to use the printer Botton to RESET the drum life. So
you may want to stop by Minolta web page and search their FAQ for the answer
*if* not then call the tech and they should tell you how to reset it.

I mean the button to configure the printer (lighter/darker, font, memory,
factory set etc.)
January 15, 2005 2:53:46 PM

Where do you buy the fuses? I am having trouble finding them. Thanks!
Stacey

Joe Peach wrote:
> If the design is the same.... When you pull the OPC, you will see
some metal
> contacts that might allow you to replace a fuse within (after
removing the
> superficial connections).....then again, there might be a chip that
the
> printer "understands" ...you're screwed if this is the case...
>
> Remember though, the OPC might really need
replacing...doubtful....just
> watch carefully the quality of your prints....AND DON'T PRINT A BUNCH
> WITHOUT LOOKING AT A FEW OCCASIONALLY as they print...it's no fun
when you
> print a 100 and something fowls up after the 10th print.
>
> Please let us know your direction.
>
> Joe
>

> "Michael Vogel" <ohnepost@freesurf.ch> wrote in message
> > Jeff
> >
> > thanks for your advice. I didn't replace the opc-drum, but the lcd
> > displays the warning that the opc-drum soon wears out (only about
6000
> > pages printed!!). Btw i use the Minolta-QMS Magicolor 2300DL, so i
> > have to figure out if it uses the same kind of fuses you described
for
> > the 2200 when the printer refuses to print.
> >
> > Mike
> >
> > "FutureChild" <future|dot|child|at|wanadoo|dot|nl> schrieb im
> > Newsbeitrag news:406f1526$0$93595$abc4f4c3@news.wanadoo.nl...
> > > In all consumables used by the 2200 are fuses present which are
> > responsible
> > > for the counter reset.
> > > I assume you actualy replaced the unit but it failed to clear the
> > counter.
> > > I do not know if you mean the transfer drum or the opc-drum.
> > > For the transfer drum its a 80 mA printfuse located on a small
> > circuit board
> > > at the back of the unit behind a black cover.
> > > For the opc-drum its a standard 80mA fuse located underneath two
> > metal
> > > contact strips at the rear end of the drum
> > >
> > > greetz
> > > Jeff
> > >
> > > "Michael Vogel" <ohnepost@freesurf.ch> schreef in bericht
> > ?

January 23, 2005 7:00:50 PM

I found the fuses online at an electrical distributor...fuses were
about $1.25USD Worked like a charm! I removed the drum, removed the
fuse, replaced it with a new fuse while wearing cotton gloves (this may
have been an unnecessary precation, but better safe than sorry) then
reinserted the OPC Drum and turned off the printer than back on again.
At first it showed "OPC Drum Low" then that disappeared. Thanks so much!
May 21, 2008 3:13:28 AM

I managed to figure it out.

It's not about fuses, it's about resetting the counter.

Go to the service manual:

out.http://printer.konicaminolta.com/service/ASP/mc2300/doc...

Then look on page 86. It tells you how to reset it.

I have three of these suckers. All three had drum units that expired. I've been beating my head against the wall about how to fix it. But now they're churning out prints.

Email me if you have any questions.

Jeff

badgerjeffrey (at) hotmail (dot) com
!