Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

IPAQ2210=Motorola T720 Cell

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
Share
June 4, 2004 10:08:39 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Anyone have any luck getting a Ipaq2210 and a motorola T720 Cellular
to work as a modem using (what I was sold as ) a interface cable???

TIA

Harvey
Anonymous
June 4, 2004 12:19:52 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Yes I have. I got a Gomadic cable - the first one didn't work so they sent
a replacement and it's a breeze.

Ed

"Harv" <harv@shaw.ca> wrote in message
news:4f40c0leu6kt0dsm4tv2pafnn5nt8rk5c1@4ax.com...
> Anyone have any luck getting a Ipaq2210 and a motorola T720 Cellular
> to work as a modem using (what I was sold as ) a interface cable???
>
> TIA
>
> Harvey
Anonymous
June 4, 2004 6:11:10 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

What interface cable do you have? Serial one? How do you connect those two
devices?

--

..: Jakub Kanczugowski
..: www.PDAclub.pl
Related resources
June 4, 2004 11:18:35 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

I bought a cable from
http://www.thepocketsolution.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?...

It goes thru the motions of dialing but then stops and i get a series
of tones (2 of them). It appears that no dial tone is detected?? if
that makes sense for a cell....

I am at my wits end......

On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 14:11:10 +0200, "Jakub Kanczugowski"
<duncan@no-spam-ever.ceti.pl> wrote:

>What interface cable do you have? Serial one? How do you connect those two
>devices?
June 4, 2004 11:19:20 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

I bought a cable from
http://www.thepocketsolution.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?...

It goes thru the motions of dialing but then stops and i get a series
of tones (2 of them). It appears that no dial tone is detected?? if
that makes sense for a cell....

I am at my wits end......


On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 08:19:52 -0400, "Ed Marks" <edlmarks@comcast.net>
wrote:

>Yes I have. I got a Gomadic cable - the first one didn't work so they sent
>a replacement and it's a breeze.
>
>Ed
>
>"Harv" <harv@shaw.ca> wrote in message
>news:4f40c0leu6kt0dsm4tv2pafnn5nt8rk5c1@4ax.com...
>> Anyone have any luck getting a Ipaq2210 and a motorola T720 Cellular
>> to work as a modem using (what I was sold as ) a interface cable???
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Harvey
>
Anonymous
June 5, 2004 6:47:31 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

I don't know if it's related, but in the modem setup, you need to make sure
that "wait for dialtone" is NOT checked.

--

Brad Adrian, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices



"Harv" <harv@shaw.ca> wrote in message
news:5si1c05afk01hg8m5vc6ifejmqn6jc2mjv@4ax.com...
> I bought a cable from
>
http://www.thepocketsolution.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?...
ode=PSI-422
>
> It goes thru the motions of dialing but then stops and i get a series
> of tones (2 of them). It appears that no dial tone is detected?? if
> that makes sense for a cell....
>
> I am at my wits end......
>
>
> On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 08:19:52 -0400, "Ed Marks" <edlmarks@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
> >Yes I have. I got a Gomadic cable - the first one didn't work so they
sent
> >a replacement and it's a breeze.
> >
> >Ed
> >
> >"Harv" <harv@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> >news:4f40c0leu6kt0dsm4tv2pafnn5nt8rk5c1@4ax.com...
> >> Anyone have any luck getting a Ipaq2210 and a motorola T720 Cellular
> >> to work as a modem using (what I was sold as ) a interface cable???
> >>
> >> TIA
> >>
> >> Harvey
> >
>
June 5, 2004 12:25:15 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Tried and still Nada.... My service is with Rogers Cantel here in
Canada eh !!

Thnx


On Sat, 05 Jun 2004 02:47:31 GMT, "Brad Adrian, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices"
<bradrian@mvps.org> wrote:

>I don't know if it's related, but in the modem setup, you need to make sure
>that "wait for dialtone" is NOT checked.
Anonymous
June 7, 2004 2:31:37 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Harv <harv@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:<4f40c0leu6kt0dsm4tv2pafnn5nt8rk5c1@4ax.com>...
> Anyone have any luck getting a Ipaq2210 and a motorola T720 Cellular
> to work as a modem using (what I was sold as ) a interface cable???
>
> TIA

Whs your wireless provider, and have they activated/enabled data
services on your account?
June 7, 2004 12:06:11 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Rogers Cantel.
I did have web service enabled and working for $$ a month and found
service useless.... I cancelled and I still have a dial up ISP I
would like to use with my IPAQ2210 and Moto T720...



On 6 Jun 2004 22:31:37 -0700, elecconnec@aol.com (Todd Allcock) wrote:

>Harv <harv@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:<4f40c0leu6kt0dsm4tv2pafnn5nt8rk5c1@4ax.com>...
>> Anyone have any luck getting a Ipaq2210 and a motorola T720 Cellular
>> to work as a modem using (what I was sold as ) a interface cable???
>>
>> TIA
>
>Whs your wireless provider, and have they activated/enabled data
>services on your account?
Anonymous
June 9, 2004 3:11:53 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Harv <harv@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:<j888c01cp94rqpqjaosqo43u0kd7gajj2u@4ax.com>...
> Rogers Cantel.
> I did have web service enabled and working for $$ a month and found
> service useless.... I cancelled and I still have a dial up ISP I
> would like to use with my IPAQ2210 and Moto T720...

Ahhh... here's a shocker: no digital cellphone actually has a modem in
it. At least not a modem in the traditional sense. Cellphones only
have the ability to send/receive data to/from a wireless provider, who
then uses a regular analog modem to make your real-world connection
for you.

Some wireless providers provide these data connections at no extra
cost, some charge an additional monthly fee, and some don't provide it
at all- in the States, for example, AT&T Wireless customers have no
way of dialing an ISP- they can use AT&T's GPRS data service at
$3-10/MB, but can't dial their own ISPs. Dialing an ISP requires a
service called "CSD", or "Circuit Switch Data"- see if Rogers even
offers it, or requires you to use their GPRS service.
June 9, 2004 12:13:50 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Thanks Todd... It was frustrating to say the least and have gone for a
data package... 40$ month, unlimited access for 3 months, aft that
7meg download. So after 3 months well see wether its all worth it.



On 8 Jun 2004 23:11:53 -0700, elecconnec@aol.com (Todd Allcock) wrote:

>Harv <harv@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:<j888c01cp94rqpqjaosqo43u0kd7gajj2u@4ax.com>...
>> Rogers Cantel.
>> I did have web service enabled and working for $$ a month and found
>> service useless.... I cancelled and I still have a dial up ISP I
>> would like to use with my IPAQ2210 and Moto T720...
>
>Ahhh... here's a shocker: no digital cellphone actually has a modem in
>it. At least not a modem in the traditional sense. Cellphones only
>have the ability to send/receive data to/from a wireless provider, who
>then uses a regular analog modem to make your real-world connection
>for you.
>
>Some wireless providers provide these data connections at no extra
>cost, some charge an additional monthly fee, and some don't provide it
>at all- in the States, for example, AT&T Wireless customers have no
>way of dialing an ISP- they can use AT&T's GPRS data service at
>$3-10/MB, but can't dial their own ISPs. Dialing an ISP requires a
>service called "CSD", or "Circuit Switch Data"- see if Rogers even
>offers it, or requires you to use their GPRS service.
Anonymous
June 9, 2004 3:16:37 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Harv <harv@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:<olhdc0pkdvc92sris49dsqt633fqak1kt4@4ax.com>...
> Thanks Todd... It was frustrating to say the least and have gone for a
> data package... 40$ month, unlimited access for 3 months, aft that
> 7meg download.

$40 sounded steep, then I remembered it's $40CDN! ;-)

> So after 3 months well see wether its all worth it.

What does the competition offer? Fido is also GSM, right? I think
they allow CSD connections.

I was deciding between T-Mobile and AT&T here in the US, and chose
T-Mo specifically because they supported CSD (so I could use my ISP)
and AT&T didn't. Since then, T-Mo added unlimited internet for
$19.99US/month, or, the plan I use: unlimited WAP browsing from the
phone for $5/month (this also allows PDA/laptop tethering, but locks
out secure access- no https sites. When I need an https, like my
bank, I disconnect and reconnect with CSD to my dial-up ISP.)

T-Mo's cheap data pricing has forced other carriers to follow suit-
Cingular has created an unlimited data plan for $20US. Hopefully the
data price wars will spread northward one of these days...

Good luck!
June 10, 2004 3:04:41 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

40$ Canadian Eh !!

Becaue I use my cell 95% for my business I would hate to lose the
number since it is established..... Bummer........



On 9 Jun 2004 11:16:37 -0700, elecconnec@aol.com (Todd Allcock) wrote:

>Harv <harv@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:<olhdc0pkdvc92sris49dsqt633fqak1kt4@4ax.com>...
>> Thanks Todd... It was frustrating to say the least and have gone for a
>> data package... 40$ month, unlimited access for 3 months, aft that
>> 7meg download.
>
>$40 sounded steep, then I remembered it's $40CDN! ;-)
>
>> So after 3 months well see wether its all worth it.
>
>What does the competition offer? Fido is also GSM, right? I think
>they allow CSD connections.
>
>I was deciding between T-Mobile and AT&T here in the US, and chose
>T-Mo specifically because they supported CSD (so I could use my ISP)
>and AT&T didn't. Since then, T-Mo added unlimited internet for
>$19.99US/month, or, the plan I use: unlimited WAP browsing from the
>phone for $5/month (this also allows PDA/laptop tethering, but locks
>out secure access- no https sites. When I need an https, like my
>bank, I disconnect and reconnect with CSD to my dial-up ISP.)
>
>T-Mo's cheap data pricing has forced other carriers to follow suit-
>Cingular has created an unlimited data plan for $20US. Hopefully the
>data price wars will spread northward one of these days...
>
>Good luck!
Anonymous
June 13, 2004 2:58:04 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Harv <harv@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:<lt5fc01aq3l6hot62dcctuv9pskt90f3e4@4ax.com>...
> 40$ Canadian Eh !!
>
> Becaue I use my cell 95% for my business I would hate to lose the
> number since it is established..... Bummer........

Ah... we solved that problem in the States as well...

"Wireless Local Number Portability", or WLNP, was implemented last
November by the powers that be. It allows us to take our number with
us when we switch wireless providers.

The sad part is, of course, everyone's cellular bill in America went
up about $1 (US) per month to pay for it- even the vast majority of us
who might never use it.

Time to get the Liberal party motivated on this! Start calling your
MPs and see if you can make it a campaign issue for this year's
election!
American politicians, at least, love stupid "issues" like telephone
regulations or cable/satellite TV legislation- it takes the voters
minds off the important things they're really screwing up! ;-) In
the past year alone we've been given WLNP, and a nearly complete ban
on telemarketing sales calls. I'm sure every incumbent politician in
the US from local town alderman to President will take credit for
"triumphs" like these come November!

Good luck!
Anonymous
July 12, 2004 11:59:10 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

earn an extra income £500 to £2000 per month visit
www.monsterlifestyle.co.uk so scary its true!!!
expansion into Europe July 2004 who do you know in Holland or Ireland please
pass onto somebody who may be able to help thankyou

"Todd Allcock" <elecconnec@aol.com> wrote in message
news:D e37a2e0.0406062131.35345172@posting.google.com...
> Harv <harv@shaw.ca> wrote in message
news:<4f40c0leu6kt0dsm4tv2pafnn5nt8rk5c1@4ax.com>...
> > Anyone have any luck getting a Ipaq2210 and a motorola T720 Cellular
> > to work as a modem using (what I was sold as ) a interface cable???
> >
> > TIA
>
> Whs your wireless provider, and have they activated/enabled data
> services on your account?
!