Solved

No audio recording device

I am running the following motherboard: Asus AT3GC-I which has the VIA VT 1705 6 -Channel High-Definition Audio CODEC device.

Windows does not find the microphone. When I connect a logitech webcam, the camera and mic show in device manager but the MIC is not shown under "Recording Devices"

I have tried almost every driver imaginable. Any Idea what are my other options?

This is what it says about the audio on my board:

Enjoy high-end sound system on your PC! The onboard HD audio (High Definition Audio, previously codenamed Azalia) CODEC enables high-quality 192KHz/24-bit audio output, jack-sensing feature, retasking functions and multi-streaming technology that simultaneously sends different audio streams to different destinations. You can now talk to your partners on the headphone while playing a multi-channel network games. All of these are done on one computer.
13 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about audio recording device
  1. Go here to get the drivers you need:

http://www.via.com.tw/en/support/drivers.jsp

Select the entries for your system and you should be good to go. You may also need to got into Control Panel/Sound to make sure your recording device is selected as default.

Good luck!
  2. Nah, that didn't do it. What a pain!
  3. jranaudo said:
    Nah, that didn't do it. What a pain!

Which part? The drivers or the Control Panel/Sound part? In the Recording tab of Sound, what (if anything) is listed?
  4. I go to "Manage Audio Devices" in control panel and select the recording tab. Nothing is listed. I have enabled "Show Hidden and Show Disconnected Devices". Nothing is listed.
  5. Do you have a mic plugged into the MIC IN port? Some drivers/tools won't enable a device unless they detect their presence.

The webcam mic is a USB device, right? Did you load the Logitech drivers?
  6. Nothing plugged in. webcam is a USB device and I have tried with Logitech drivers as well as default USB drivers.
  7. So the webcam gets an image, but its built-in mic doesn't pick up any sound. Right?
  8. BTW, the sound card mic input and the webcam mic are 2 different things and rely upon 2 different drivers.
  9. yea thats the thing. In device manager it lists the webcam mic but not the soundcard mic. In the "manage audio devices" tab it shows neither. I know I am running the right drivers.
  10. Does Skype (assume you have it) pick up any audio?
  11. Sorry was away for a while. I am going to try Skype tonight.
  12. Best answer
    Good luck! Just trying to determine if either your mic (regular) or webcam mic are picking up anything.
  13. Best answer selected by jranaudo.
Ask a new question

Read More

Audio Devices Windows 7