Adding Hard Drive with windows ME OS to system with window..

I would like to get any help you have on how to transfer data and use my old hard drive that has windows millineum osand transfer data to my new os that has windows xp home?

You should be able to install the old drive in the new
computer. Just make sure the XP hard drive is installed
with the jumpers set to master and the old (NE) drive has
its jumpers set to slave. The data on the old drive can be
copied to the new drive. The ME OS will be visible but will
not run, neither will any programs on the ME drive. If you
want to run programs that are on the ME drive you'll have to
use a CD or previously downloaded installable program.

You can put the old drive back in the ME computer and
continue to use it, just reset the jumper to master when you
put it back.

"Jemison" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message