XP doesn't see new Hard Drive

I added another Hard Drive to my XP-Pro System. The BIOS
Finds it and logs it, however when I open 'my computer'
it is not there. Also how to assign drive 'letters' in
XP?
2 answers Last reply
More about doesn hard drive

    "Bill K" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I added another Hard Drive to my XP-Pro System. The BIOS
    > Finds it and logs it, however when I open 'my computer'
    > it is not there. Also how to assign drive 'letters' in
    > XP?

    You must create some partitions first. Click Run / Help /
    Search tab and type partition to read all about the
    Disk Manager.

    Greetings --

    The hard drive cannot and will not appear in Windows Explorer or
    My Computer until it has been partitioned and formatted. Right-click
    My Computer > Manage > Disk Management. Create and format one or more
    partitions on the second hard drive as desired.

    Bruce Chambers

    --
    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    having both at once. -- RAH

    "Bill K" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I added another Hard Drive to my XP-Pro System. The BIOS
    > Finds it and logs it, however when I open 'my computer'
    > it is not there. Also how to assign drive 'letters' in
    > XP?

Hard Drives Windows XP