XP doesn't see new Hard Drive

I added another Hard Drive to my XP-Pro System. The BIOS
Finds it and logs it, however when I open 'my computer'
it is not there. Also how to assign drive 'letters' in
XP?

"Bill K" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I added another Hard Drive to my XP-Pro System. The BIOS
> Finds it and logs it, however when I open 'my computer'
> it is not there. Also how to assign drive 'letters' in
> XP?

You must create some partitions first. Click Run / Help /
Search tab and type partition to read all about the
Disk Manager.

Greetings --

The hard drive cannot and will not appear in Windows Explorer or
My Computer until it has been partitioned and formatted. Right-click
My Computer > Manage > Disk Management. Create and format one or more
partitions on the second hard drive as desired.

Bruce Chambers

--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm