KA7 cd boot problem

mick

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2002

Hi.
I have a KA7 100 Abit Motherboard with an Award BIOS. I have (updated)
flashed the BIOS with the KA7_RX. BIN and the KA7_TY.BIN files and I still
cannot boot from my CD player. My CD player is a Teac CD-RW. I understand
that the KA7 Motherboard have problems booting from a cd-rom.

Anyway, if you have any helpful ideas on how I can get this motherboard /
BIOS to boot from a CD-Rom, I would be very grateful.
Thanks for your help.

Mick

homie

Install the CDRW as "master on IDE 2
In bios "advanced features", set the IDE detection to "Auto" for both settings.
Set the boot order so that the first 3 items are "CD"
Hit f-10
Hit Enter
Place a known bootable cd in the drive & hit cntrl /alt / del.
Just after post you will see a message "hit any key to boot from cdrom"
Hit a key

Homie

--
Mainboards, Videocards & CPU pin repair.

http://motherboardrepair.com
gary@motherboardrepair.com