NF7-S V2 & 2500 Mobile

I just got a new NF7-S V2 (using BIOS 23) and a 2500 Mobile Athlon (code
AQYHA)

The BIOS reports the processor as "unknown CPU type". Is this normal?

Set it to run 11x200 at 1.65V, which it does without problem!

Andy M

"Acedrew" <abc@nospam.thanks> wrote in message
| I just got a new NF7-S V2 (using BIOS 23) and a 2500 Mobile Athlon (code
| AQYHA)
|
| The BIOS reports the processor as "unknown CPU type". Is this normal?
|
| Set it to run 11x200 at 1.65V, which it does without problem!
|
| Andy M

Hi Andy -

It's normal. The BIOS isn't coded to recognize mobile chips and they must
be manually set up (FSB and multiplier, as you have done).

Jef

Top man Jef - I suspected as much, but its nice to confirm.

Andy

"Jef Norton" <jefn_REMOVE_YOUR_SHORTS_@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> "Acedrew" <abc@nospam.thanks> wrote in message
> | I just got a new NF7-S V2 (using BIOS 23) and a 2500 Mobile Athlon (code
> | AQYHA)
> |
> | The BIOS reports the processor as "unknown CPU type". Is this normal?
> |
> | Set it to run 11x200 at 1.65V, which it does without problem!
> |
> | Andy M
> |

> Hi Andy -
>
> It's normal. The BIOS isn't coded to recognize mobile chips and they must
> be manually set up (FSB and multiplier, as you have done).
>
> Jef

>Set it to run 11x200 at 1.65V, which it does without problem!

Bastard!

Oh yes...

"PRIVATE1964" <private1964@aol.com> wrote in message
> >Set it to run 11x200 at 1.65V, which it does without problem!
>
> Bastard!

"PRIVATE1964" <private1964@aol.com> wrote in message
> >Set it to run 11x200 at 1.65V, which it does without problem!
>
> Bastard!

Nah, that's easy...try getting it above that.

Do you have confidence in your power supply?

If you go down to 166 FSB and kick the voltage up (consuming large
amounts of power from psu) - it should be definitely be stable.

Forrest

Motherboard Help By HAL web site:
http://home.comcast.net/~hal-9000/

On 15 Apr 2004 23:42:56 GMT, private1964@aol.com (PRIVATE1964) wrote:

< snip >

>Right now I am testing it at 185 and I don't think its gonna be stable at that
>no matter what I set the vcore at.

< snip >

>Oh yes...

Bastard! lol

I said that because I have a locked 2500+ that is from hell.

>Do you have confidence in your power supply?

Yes it's an Antec True 330. Maybe a little bit weak, but I don't think so. I
have actually measured the vcore and all seems fine even over 2 volts.