Booted XP and no Printers Scanners showing or System Tray ..

Control Panel applets are showing empty.

All my printers & scanner have gone, how do I rectify this..?

Nothing has been added or removed, hardware or software, or lockups or
crashes..

Will not let you add new printer or scanner as the button does not respond,
and no system tray speaker, even if you try to install it.

I have has this happen once before after a crash due to corrupted system
files caused by a PSU power failure, but only a Clean install fix it that
time..

But this is a totally different system, so what has caused this.? or is it a
XP bug that does not seem to show on Google or the MS web site..

System Tools/System Info does list the printers & scanner.

XP home..

<roger.s@parxxxx.net.nz> wrote in message

> Control Panel applets are showing empty.
>
> All my printers & scanner have gone, how do I rectify this..?
>
> Nothing has been added or removed, hardware or software, or lockups or
> crashes..
>

> Will not let you add new printer or scanner as the button does not
respond,
> and no system tray speaker, even if you try to install it.
>

> I have has this happen once before after a crash due to corrupted system
> files caused by a PSU power failure, but only a Clean install fix it that
> time..
>

> But this is a totally different system, so what has caused this.? or is
it a
> XP bug that does not seem to show on Google or the MS web site..
>
> System Tools/System Info does list the printers & scanner.
>
> XP home..

Just a guess but maybe the chipset drivers have been lost, corrupted or
whatever. Then the OS does not see the ports because the "pci bridge" is
mission.
Joe

On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 11:44:45 GMT, "Jo Bo" <jromas@columbus.rr.com> wrote:

><roger.s@parxxxx.net.nz> wrote in message
>>
>> Control Panel applets are showing empty.
>>
>> All my printers & scanner have gone, how do I rectify this..?
>>
>> Nothing has been added or removed, hardware or software, or lockups or
>> crashes..
>>

>> Will not let you add new printer or scanner as the button does not
>respond,
>> and no system tray speaker, even if you try to install it.
>>

>> I have has this happen once before after a crash due to corrupted system
>> files caused by a PSU power failure, but only a Clean install fix it that
>> time..
>>

>> But this is a totally different system, so what has caused this.? or is
>it a
>> XP bug that does not seem to show on Google or the MS web site..
>>
>> System Tools/System Info does list the printers & scanner.
>>
>> XP home..
>>
>Just a guess but maybe the chipset drivers have been lost, corrupted or
>whatever. Then the OS does not see the ports because the "pci bridge" is
>mission.
>Joe

The OS does see the parts as the System tools, System Info Shows them and they
also work..