Windows 7 download pdf

I can not open any PDF files. I have Windows 7 and am using Internet Explorer. I have tried everything!!! PLEASE HELP!
15 answers Last reply
More about windows download
  1. Most of the times this is caused by an antivirus program blocking Adobe Reader from connecting. Its not only from antivirus, but antispyware and firewalls also.
    Try temporarily disabling this type of software, to see if it makes any difference.

    Also, definitely check out this link from adobe. It gives you an entire overview of ways to solve your exact question.
    http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/328/328233.html

    I hope this helps!

    Brett M,
    Windows Outreach Team
  2. Before you can open a pdf file, you must have a pdf reader installed.
    Adobe is the most common one and it's free to download from Adobe.
    Download Reader http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat.html
  3. bmathews said:
    Most of the times this is caused by an antivirus program blocking Adobe Reader from connecting. Its not only from antivirus, but antispyware and firewalls also.
    Try temporarily disabling this type of software, to see if it makes any difference.

    Also, definitely check out this link from adobe. It gives you an entire overview of ways to solve your exact question.
    http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/328/328233.html

    I hope this helps!

    Brett M,
    Windows Outreach Team



    BRETT, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! I WILL GIVE IT A TRY!!!
    SUSAN
  4. I really doubt that everything was tried because then what else is left for us to look at? Do you have Adobe Reader installed?
  5. yes
  6. SCHUELKE7 said:
    I can not open any PDF files. I have Windows 7 and am using Internet Explorer. I have tried everything!!! PLEASE HELP!


    Internet PDF's or PDF files that are already on the computer?
  7. SCHUELKE7 said:
    yes


    Are the pdf files the correct icon for Adobe Reader? Can you open Adobe Reader first, then open the file from the File > Open menu?
  8. Herr_Koos said:
    Internet PDF's or PDF files that are already on the computer?



    THE ONES ON THE INTERNET AND THOSE SENT TO ME IN AN EMAIL.
  9. What is the specific error message?
  10. SCHUELKE7 said:
    I can not open any PDF files. I have Windows 7 and am using Internet Explorer. I have tried everything!!! PLEASE HELP!



    I am having a very similar issue. have tried several things.
    My original post is at
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/51091-63-download-issues
  11. pine89 said:
    I am having a very similar issue. have tried several things.
    My original post is at
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/51091-63-download-issues


    Year old thread....
  12. Herr_Koos said:
    Year old thread....



    Thank you for the update, but your info helps me in no way.
    I just saw the thread in the forums and am looking or anyone that might have an answer to my problem.
  13. I understand; it's just that there is very little point in posting in a thread that not seen any activity in almost a year.
  14. Herr_Koos said:
    I understand; it's just that there is very little point in posting in a thread that not seen any activity in almost a year.


    Sorry for being snappy. I'm just a little frustrated.
  15. SCHUELKE7 said:
    I can not open any PDF files. I have Windows 7 and am using Internet Explorer. I have tried everything!!! PLEASE HELP!


    After trying everything else without any success....I found the answer. Ditch Microsoft Explorer and use Google Chrome. Your freezing issues, endless error messages, script problems and PDF download problems go away instantly.....worked for me.
Ask a new question

Read More

Download Windows 7 PDF Internet Explorer