Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 download pdf

Last response: in Windows 7
January 11, 2011 4:42:12 PM

I can not open any PDF files. I have Windows 7 and am using Internet Explorer. I have tried everything!!! PLEASE HELP!

More about : windows download pdf

January 11, 2011 5:11:36 PM

Most of the times this is caused by an antivirus program blocking Adobe Reader from connecting. Its not only from antivirus, but antispyware and firewalls also.
Try temporarily disabling this type of software, to see if it makes any difference.

Also, definitely check out this link from adobe. It gives you an entire overview of ways to solve your exact question.
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/328/328233.html

I hope this helps!

Brett M,
Windows Outreach Team
m
l
Related resources
January 11, 2011 6:46:17 PM

bmathews said:
Most of the times this is caused by an antivirus program blocking Adobe Reader from connecting. Its not only from antivirus, but antispyware and firewalls also.
Try temporarily disabling this type of software, to see if it makes any difference.

Also, definitely check out this link from adobe. It gives you an entire overview of ways to solve your exact question.
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/328/328233.html

I hope this helps!

Brett M,
Windows Outreach Team

BRETT, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! I WILL GIVE IT A TRY!!!
SUSAN
m
l
a c 352 $ Windows 7
January 11, 2011 7:01:42 PM

I really doubt that everything was tried because then what else is left for us to look at? Do you have Adobe Reader installed?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 12, 2011 5:47:29 AM

SCHUELKE7 said:
I can not open any PDF files. I have Windows 7 and am using Internet Explorer. I have tried everything!!! PLEASE HELP!

Internet PDF's or PDF files that are already on the computer?
m
l
a c 352 $ Windows 7
January 12, 2011 1:56:05 PM

SCHUELKE7 said:
yes

Are the pdf files the correct icon for Adobe Reader? Can you open Adobe Reader first, then open the file from the File > Open menu?
m
l
January 12, 2011 4:19:53 PM

Herr_Koos said:
Internet PDF's or PDF files that are already on the computer?

THE ONES ON THE INTERNET AND THOSE SENT TO ME IN AN EMAIL.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 12, 2011 5:05:52 PM

What is the specific error message?
m
l
August 23, 2012 2:26:43 PM

Herr_Koos said:
Year old thread....

Thank you for the update, but your info helps me in no way.
I just saw the thread in the forums and am looking or anyone that might have an answer to my problem.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 23, 2012 2:30:29 PM

I understand; it's just that there is very little point in posting in a thread that not seen any activity in almost a year.
m
l
August 23, 2012 3:05:55 PM

Herr_Koos said:
I understand; it's just that there is very little point in posting in a thread that not seen any activity in almost a year.

Sorry for being snappy. I'm just a little frustrated.
m
l
November 19, 2012 6:24:13 PM

SCHUELKE7 said:

After trying everything else without any success....I found the answer. Ditch Microsoft Explorer and use Google Chrome. Your freezing issues, endless error messages, script problems and PDF download problems go away instantly.....worked for me.
m
l
!