XP Pro not recogizing USB devices

My winXP Pro machine will not recoginze any USB device. I
have the lastest patches both from MS and Via and still
no joy. If I swap out HDs to another OS the USB ports
function normally, so I know its not a hardware issue.

When I plug in any device I get a message Unknown Device.
Any ideas?
Thx,
Hos

Guess no one has an answer to this one either....BTW, Bill, MEPIS Linux autodetected everything just fine including my Jornada....now if I can just get Vegas to run on Linux.....

Install the software for the device before connecting it to the USB port.

www.coribright.com