Maxtor firewire hard drive

I installed an external fire wire hard drive and ran it
for a week, it caused my system to slooooow down. When I
removed the drive the system was OK. T

There are no newer drivers that I can see, and the drive
is a maxtor one touch.

Any help and suggestions would be welcom

LES U

Hello

Have you tried Maxtor T.Support and see what they
said or can they provide you with any input

Alvin