ABIT ST6 Bios sound alert ?

Hello!
Who knows how i can understuand what mean sound
alert on start komputer.
In the technical reference book i don't find this information
i know for few damages
- somthing wrong whit graphic card -
- somthing wrong whit ram -
- ?
but now i have modulated sound like a siren and donk'k know what this mean
Please help !

sorry my english is poor
Best Regards!

Diodak wrote:
> Hello!
> Who knows how i can understuand what mean sound
> alert on start komputer.
> In the technical reference book i don't find this information
> i know for few damages
> - somthing wrong whit graphic card -
> - somthing wrong whit ram -
> - ?
> but now i have modulated sound like a siren and donk'k know what this
> mean Please help !

------
> sorry my english is poor
> Best Regards!

Hi, Diodak. The siren sound indicates a heat problem. It usually
happens when the CPU is overheated. Check the heatsink to see if it is
dirty, and make sure the heatsink fan is working. If the heatsink is
clean and the fan good, try pulling the heatsink and remount it. Here
is a web page with the BIOS beep codes so you will know what the
different sounds mean. Good luck.
http://bioscentral.com/beepcodes/awardbeep.htm

TomG

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

look at the capacitors on the board and see if you find any caps that are
failing as per the photo's below:
--
ftp://geerynet.d2g.com/Bad%20Caps%20Pic/BE6II%20bad%20caps1.jpg
ftp://geerynet.d2g.com/Bad%20Caps%20Pic/BX133%20caps.jpg

if so, then you may want to consider getting the board repaired.

another possibility is overtemperature of the CPU. make sure that the heat
sink is not clogged up with dust and is correctly mounted to the cpu and
that the fan is still running... if the siren sounds right at the start of
booting up, then it is most likely not a problem with the heat sink and
overheating of the CPU.

--

Thomas Geery
Network+ certified

ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
over 130,000 FTP users served!
^^^^^^^

"Diodak" <diodak_@poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message
> Hello!
> Who knows how i can understuand what mean sound
> alert on start komputer.
> In the technical reference book i don't find this information
> i know for few damages
> - somthing wrong whit graphic card -
> - somthing wrong whit ram -
> - ?
> but now i have modulated sound like a siren and donk'k know what this mean
> Please help !

> sorry my english is poor
> Best Regards!

alpine

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2002

Another thing that can cause the sound alert on start-up is setting the CPU
fan to slow down when the temperature is low and having the setting set that
detect for CPU fan failure. When I have my window open in the winter and
first turn on my PC in the morning my CPU fan only turns at about 2100 RPM
when I have the BIOS set to turn the fan down to 70%. In the morning, my fan
is turning at such a slow speed that the alarm goes off thinking that the
fan has failed. If I also select the setting to turn off the PC when it
detects a fan failure, it shuts off before Windows gets completely loaded.
If the PC is warmed up or has recently been ran, the alarm doesn't sound.
It's only when I first turn it on the morning and it is unusually cool.
Check to see if your BIOS has the same type of setting. My motherboard is an
Abit KV7.

Due to an excessive amount of spam, if you want to send me an e-mail put
eniplA in the subject if you want me to see it.