pc 3200 ddr dual channel question..

Ok , so i had a stick of crucial pc 2700 ddr, 512mb, I wanted faster memory
so I bought 2 sticks of corsair pc 3200 value select, mobo recognises it as
333mhz, which i read here that is normal and the way it should be to be in
sync with the processor, I'm ok with that, my question is how do i know if
its running in dual channel mode, and also can i use my old pc 2700 crucial
with the corsair 3200ddr? Just wondering because they are running at the
same speed... thanks, by the way all the memory is CAS 2.5

Jim

"elrod jenkins" <nowhere@somewhere.net> wrote in message
> Ok , so i had a stick of crucial pc 2700 ddr, 512mb, I wanted faster
memory
> so I bought 2 sticks of corsair pc 3200 value select, mobo recognises it
as
> 333mhz, which i read here that is normal and the way it should be to be in
> sync with the processor, I'm ok with that, my question is how do i know if
> its running in dual channel mode,

Since it's the BIOS that dictates dual channel support, if enabled, the BIOS
usually displays a relevant message at boot-up.

> and also can i use my old pc 2700 crucial
> with the corsair 3200ddr? Just wondering because they are running at the
> same speed... thanks, by the way all the memory is CAS 2.5

Yes, but the CAS and other timings will be compromised according to the
slower of the two.

HTH

Jim

Oh i forgot this is on an NF7 mobo, also I have the two sticks in the two
slots closest to the processor, tried it in slot 2 and 3 , but wouldnt boot
that way..also tried slot 1 and slot 3, stull no go..i get the long beeps
continuing...I'm getting no message aabout dual channel on startup screen
bios..when rebooted..thanks.