pc 3200 ddr dual channel question..

Ok , so i had a stick of crucial pc 2700 ddr, 512mb, I wanted faster memory
so I bought 2 sticks of corsair pc 3200 value select, mobo recognises it as
333mhz, which i read here that is normal and the way it should be to be in
sync with the processor, I'm ok with that, my question is how do i know if
its running in dual channel mode, and also can i use my old pc 2700 crucial
with the corsair 3200ddr? Just wondering because they are running at the
same speed... thanks, by the way all the memory is CAS 2.5
2 answers Last reply
More about 3200 dual channel question

    "elrod jenkins" <nowhere@somewhere.net> wrote in message
    > Ok , so i had a stick of crucial pc 2700 ddr, 512mb, I wanted faster
    memory
    > so I bought 2 sticks of corsair pc 3200 value select, mobo recognises it
    as
    > 333mhz, which i read here that is normal and the way it should be to be in
    > sync with the processor, I'm ok with that, my question is how do i know if
    > its running in dual channel mode,

    Since it's the BIOS that dictates dual channel support, if enabled, the BIOS
    usually displays a relevant message at boot-up.

    > and also can i use my old pc 2700 crucial
    > with the corsair 3200ddr? Just wondering because they are running at the
    > same speed... thanks, by the way all the memory is CAS 2.5

    Yes, but the CAS and other timings will be compromised according to the
    slower of the two.

    HTH

    Jim
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    Oh i forgot this is on an NF7 mobo, also I have the two sticks in the two
    slots closest to the processor, tried it in slot 2 and 3 , but wouldnt boot
    that way..also tried slot 1 and slot 3, stull no go..i get the long beeps
    continuing...I'm getting no message aabout dual channel on startup screen
    bios..when rebooted..thanks.

    "Jim" <null@null.com> wrote in message

    > "elrod jenkins" <nowhere@somewhere.net> wrote in message
    > > Ok , so i had a stick of crucial pc 2700 ddr, 512mb, I wanted faster
    > memory
    > > so I bought 2 sticks of corsair pc 3200 value select, mobo recognises it
    > as
    > > 333mhz, which i read here that is normal and the way it should be to be
    in
    > > sync with the processor, I'm ok with that, my question is how do i know
    if
    > > its running in dual channel mode,
    >
    > Since it's the BIOS that dictates dual channel support, if enabled, the
    BIOS
    > usually displays a relevant message at boot-up.
    >
    > > and also can i use my old pc 2700 crucial
    > > with the corsair 3200ddr? Just wondering because they are running at
    the
    > > same speed... thanks, by the way all the memory is CAS 2.5
    > >

    > Yes, but the CAS and other timings will be compromised according to the
    > slower of the two.
    > >

    > HTH
    >
    > Jim

DDR Dual Channel Corsair Motherboards