Printer Sharing

When I try to add a printer to my wireless laptop the wizard correctly
identifies my shared printer on the Microsoft Windows Network in MSHOME
Workgroup on my desktop and my desktop computer as D213TQ31. However, the
wizard will not accept any Printer name I put in. The error says "Windows
cannot connect to the printer. Either the printer name was typed
incorrectly, or the specified printer has lost its connection to the server."
Is there a special name for my shared printer other than the one I gave it
when I activated the shared function?
--
Hal
2 answers Last reply

    Have you used the Add printer wizard? What name shows up there? What name are
    you using?

    "Hal" wrote:

    > When I try to add a printer to my wireless laptop the wizard correctly
    > identifies my shared printer on the Microsoft Windows Network in MSHOME
    > Workgroup on my desktop and my desktop computer as D213TQ31. However, the
    > wizard will not accept any Printer name I put in. The error says "Windows
    > cannot connect to the printer. Either the printer name was typed
    > incorrectly, or the specified printer has lost its connection to the server."
    > Is there a special name for my shared printer other than the one I gave it
    > when I activated the shared function?
    > --
    > Hal

    Using the Add Printer wizard, A Network Printer, Browse for a printer, I can
    find my Microsoft Network-MSHOME and my desktop printer name (D213TQ31) but
    no printers. It then asks for a Printer Name. The printer I'm using is a HP
    DeskJet 660 connected to my Desktop PC parallel port. The name I gave it when
    I choose to share it was "HPDeskJet" but that name is not acceptable to the
    Add Printer wizard.

    Hal

    "Hugh" wrote:

    > Have you used the Add printer wizard? What name shows up there? What name are
    > you using?
    >
    > "Hal" wrote:
    >
    > > When I try to add a printer to my wireless laptop the wizard correctly
    > > identifies my shared printer on the Microsoft Windows Network in MSHOME
    > > Workgroup on my desktop and my desktop computer as D213TQ31. However, the
    > > wizard will not accept any Printer name I put in. The error says "Windows
    > > cannot connect to the printer. Either the printer name was typed
    > > incorrectly, or the specified printer has lost its connection to the server."
    > > Is there a special name for my shared printer other than the one I gave it
    > > when I activated the shared function?
    > > --
    > > Hal

Wireless Printers Microsoft Shared Printer Wireless Networking