Printer Sharing

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
November 19, 2004 3:25:03 PM

When I try to add a printer to my wireless laptop the wizard correctly
identifies my shared printer on the Microsoft Windows Network in MSHOME
Workgroup on my desktop and my desktop computer as D213TQ31. However, the
wizard will not accept any Printer name I put in. The error says "Windows
cannot connect to the printer. Either the printer name was typed
incorrectly, or the specified printer has lost its connection to the server."
Is there a special name for my shared printer other than the one I gave it
when I activated the shared function?
--
Hal

More about : printer sharing

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
November 20, 2004 4:41:06 AM

Have you used the Add printer wizard? What name shows up there? What name are
you using?

"Hal" wrote:

> When I try to add a printer to my wireless laptop the wizard correctly
> identifies my shared printer on the Microsoft Windows Network in MSHOME
> Workgroup on my desktop and my desktop computer as D213TQ31. However, the
> wizard will not accept any Printer name I put in. The error says "Windows
> cannot connect to the printer. Either the printer name was typed
> incorrectly, or the specified printer has lost its connection to the server."
> Is there a special name for my shared printer other than the one I gave it
> when I activated the shared function?
> --
> Hal
November 20, 2004 10:25:03 AM

Using the Add Printer wizard, A Network Printer, Browse for a printer, I can
find my Microsoft Network-MSHOME and my desktop printer name (D213TQ31) but
no printers. It then asks for a Printer Name. The printer I'm using is a HP
DeskJet 660 connected to my Desktop PC parallel port. The name I gave it when
I choose to share it was "HPDeskJet" but that name is not acceptable to the
Add Printer wizard.

Hal

!