NF7 problems with nforce ide 4.12 / Win2k

i get a "driver_irql_not_less_or_equal" bluescreen with the new nforce 4.12
ide driver.
the older versions didn't work anyway, so i alway used the ms standard
driver, but it's lame.
does anybody know what i'm doing wrong?

Daniel Schulze wrote:
> i get a "driver_irql_not_less_or_equal" bluescreen with the new
> nforce 4.12 ide driver.
> the older versions didn't work anyway, so i alway used the ms standard
> driver, but it's lame.
> does anybody know what i'm doing wrong?

Sounds like the driver is bad (bad download, install). I've never had
any luck with the nforce IDE drivers and have had no problem just using
Microsoft's IDE driver. The link below gives troubleshooting tips for
this error.

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prmd_stp_hwpg.asp
Your shorter link is: http://makeashorterlink.com/?V28825DB7

morgan

> the older versions didn't work anyway, so i alway used the ms standard
> driver, but it's lame.

What do you mean by "lame"...?

Morgan