Installed new harddrive, installed XP Pro, does not
recognize onboard audio device realtek-AC97. Device
manager message no audio device installed. If I put my
old drive back in which also has XP pro everything is
fine HELP!!!!

Dev

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2001

/Al Karseboom/ said:

> Installed new harddrive, installed XP Pro, does not
> recognize onboard audio device realtek-AC97. Device
> manager message no audio device installed. If I put my
> old drive back in which also has XP pro everything is
> fine HELP!!!!

Do you have the drivers? Try reinstalling them.
Latest drivers for XP may be available for download at the manufacturer's
WEBsite. Take a look...

--
For most XP answers and tweaks...
http://dougknox.com http://aumha.org

Visit the support website of the manufacturer of your motherboard,
search for the Windows XP drivers for your onboard audio device,
download and install them.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP