No "sndvol32.exe"

Hey,
My sound is working but my mic isnt. I get this error msg "Windows cannot execute Sndvol32.exe, use Add/Remove Programs control panel to install." I dont see the "sndvol32.exe" anywhere on my computer. I searched and found no trace.

-Please help me =)

Dev

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2001

/Dan Jagod/ said:

> My sound is working but my mic isnt. I get this error msg "Windows cannot execute Sndvol32.exe, use Add/Remove Programs control panel to install." I dont see the "sndvol32.exe" anywhere on my computer. I searched and found no trace.

Should be in c:\windows\system32 - and available on the install disk as
well. List an address (munged), and it will be mailed to you.

--
For most XP answers and tweaks...
http://dougknox.com http://aumha.org

I have the Home Edition upgrade. It is not in there. What do u mean munged? =)

-Thanks

Cant you just send me the file?

-Thanks

Dev

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2001

/Dan Jagodzinski/ said:

> Can't you just send me the file?

Surely, if I knew your address.^ Munged means to change it so it won't be
picked up by spammers. That would be done in the configuration section of
your mail client (program).

Because I'm such a nice guy, and the file is so small, it will be
available for download from this URL - until the morning of 4/7.

http://hevanet.com/hb/sndvol32.exe

Download it, and place it in the c:\windows\system32 directory (folder).

--
For most XP answers and tweaks...
http://dougknox.com http://aumha.org
http://support.microsoft.com

Claudia00

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
Can someone please please repost the SndVol32.exe file for download, I tried getting it from my disk (my sound sucks, and says I am missing it) but I had no luck. I'd really appreciate it. Thank You in advance!

ABAGUSII GLOBAL

Commendable
Feb 19, 2016
heres how....(manually)
go to your start menu
in the live search box (the new 'run' equivalent), type the following: regedit
after a while you should see the regedit program appear at the top of the results
right click on the regedit.exe file
choose 'run as administrator'
press 'continue' when prompted
your registry editor will appear!
navigate to the following path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Syntrillium\CEPro2\Tools
you should see an entry called: Mixer2
its data/value should read: sndvol32 /r
simply double left-click on the word Mixer2, this will bring up the data entry, which we will modify on the next step
what we need for it to be in there is: sndvol /r NOT sndvol32 /r
so either simply delete the '32' portion of the data entry or if you prefer delete the whole entry and retype: sndvol /r
note that there is one space after sndvol
press ok to close and set that new entry in place
then exit the registry editor and the next time you launch CEP you will have mixer functionality!