USB flash drive, fixed drive letters?

April 6, 2004 9:41:03 PM

How do I configure a flash drive to set itself to a certain drive letter? Either that or how do I configure a computer to set the drive to a specific letter? I need to share a program between computers and the settings need the same drive letter, of course.
Anonymous
April 6, 2004 10:01:09 PM

diskmgmt.msc works to assign the drive to a letter per computer, a way to configure it on the card's side would be ideal though, some autorun program maybe?
Anonymous
November 2, 2004 1:47:12 PM

methodermis Wrote:
> How do I configure a flash drive to set itself to a certain drive
> letter? Either that or how do I configure a computer to set the drive
> to a specific letter? I need to share a program between computers and
> the settings need the same drive letter, of course

For Win XP: plug in your flash drive; XP will assign a drive letter to
it (let's say G: is assigned to it). Go to Control Panel and click on
Administrative tools. Click on Computer Management. Click on Disk
Management. Right click on the assigned drive of your flash drive (in
our example this is G: Select Change Drive Letter and Paths. Click on
Change. Scroll down and select the Letter you wish to assign to the
Flash Drive. Click on OK.

--
Arcie Dy
November 7, 2004 12:12:25 AM

if you right click on my computer with the usb drive pluged in, then click
manage, then on teh left menu clcik on disk management and change the drive
letter

that you fix ur problem

David

!