USB flash drive, fixed drive letters?

How do I configure a flash drive to set itself to a certain drive letter? Either that or how do I configure a computer to set the drive to a specific letter? I need to share a program between computers and the settings need the same drive letter, of course.
3 answers Last reply
More about flash drive fixed drive letters

    diskmgmt.msc works to assign the drive to a letter per computer, a way to configure it on the card's side would be ideal though, some autorun program maybe?

    methodermis Wrote:
    > How do I configure a flash drive to set itself to a certain drive
    > letter? Either that or how do I configure a computer to set the drive
    > to a specific letter? I need to share a program between computers and
    > the settings need the same drive letter, of course

    For Win XP: plug in your flash drive; XP will assign a drive letter to
    it (let's say G: is assigned to it). Go to Control Panel and click on
    Administrative tools. Click on Computer Management. Click on Disk
    Management. Right click on the assigned drive of your flash drive (in
    our example this is G: Select Change Drive Letter and Paths. Click on
    Change. Scroll down and select the Letter you wish to assign to the
    Flash Drive. Click on OK.

    --
    Arcie Dy

    if you right click on my computer with the usb drive pluged in, then click
    manage, then on teh left menu clcik on disk management and change the drive
    letter

    that you fix ur problem

    David

    "Arcie Dy" <Arcie.Dy.1f3esy@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > methodermis Wrote:
    >> How do I configure a flash drive to set itself to a certain drive
    >> letter? Either that or how do I configure a computer to set the drive
    >> to a specific letter? I need to share a program between computers and
    >> the settings need the same drive letter, of course
    >

    > For Win XP: plug in your flash drive; XP will assign a drive letter to
    > it (let's say G: is assigned to it). Go to Control Panel and click on
    > Administrative tools. Click on Computer Management. Click on Disk
    > Management. Right click on the assigned drive of your flash drive (in
    > our example this is G: Select Change Drive Letter and Paths. Click on
    > Change. Scroll down and select the Letter you wish to assign to the
    > Flash Drive. Click on OK.
    >

    > --
    > Arcie Dy

Configuration USB Flash Windows XP