counter strike source single player?

I'm new into counter strike and would like to be able to practise "off
line" - that is in single player.

Is that possible with Counter Strike Source? I can make my own server and
deny other to enter but how do I ad bots then?

Thanks in advance
Jakob
5 answers Last reply
More about counter strike source single player

    Counterstrike: Condition Zero has bots built - in , so it's simple to use
    them.
    I don't know if it's even possible to use bots with with CS: Source.

    Limnophile

    "Jakob Aagaard Harder" <jharder@mailme.dk> wrote in message
    > I'm new into counter strike and would like to be able to practise "off
    > line" - that is in single player.
    >
    > Is that possible with Counter Strike Source? I can make my own server and
    > deny other to enter but how do I ad bots then?
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > Jakob

    "Jakob Aagaard Harder" <jharder@mailme.dk> wrote in message
    > I'm new into counter strike and would like to be able to practise
    > "off line" - that is in single player.
    >
    > Is that possible with Counter Strike Source? I can make my own
    > server and deny other to enter but how do I ad bots then?

    At the moment there are no bots for source. Well actually there are,
    they are built in but valve disabled them. I don't know why, most
    people say they are buggy and crash the game but are being worked on.

    Counter Strike Source says ready for Offline mode. Unfortunately when I
    start it in offline mode (without internet connection) and click
    "Create Server" tab in game interface, it starts to load, but I get a
    message saying "connection failed after 4 retries" in the middle of
    load process. So I exit the game. Is this normal?

    No problem with Half Life 2 in offline mode. I can play without
    internet connection.

    Any help, please.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    I like toys and cake wrote:
    > <oooglu@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Counter Strike Source says ready for Offline mode. Unfortunately
    when I
    > > start it in offline mode (without internet connection) and click
    > > "Create Server" tab in game interface, it starts to load, but I get
    > > message saying "connection failed after 4 retries" in the middle of
    > > load process. So I exit the game. Is this normal?
    > >

    > Definitely not normal. Have you made changes to any config files?
    Also on an
    > unrelated note, have you found some good bots for CS:S or are you
    playing with
    > mates on a LAN?

    Fresh installed. I didn't even play the game.
    Anyone knowing a solution?
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    <oooglu@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Counter Strike Source says ready for Offline mode. Unfortunately when I
    > start it in offline mode (without internet connection) and click
    > "Create Server" tab in game interface, it starts to load, but I get a
    > message saying "connection failed after 4 retries" in the middle of
    > load process. So I exit the game. Is this normal?

    Definitely not normal. Have you made changes to any config files? Also on an
    unrelated note, have you found some good bots for CS:S or are you playing with
    mates on a LAN?

Games Servers Video Games