Sign in with
Your question

Irq_not_less_or_equal BSOD

Last response: in Windows 7
January 11, 2011 6:58:30 PM

Hey there TH. I've searched and searched.. tried many options to fix this BSOD, and nothing's worked.

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 build 7600
Intel Core2 quad
Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS
4x2GB of ram (fresh ram, just bought a few months before this problem began, ran windows memory test and a few downloaded memory tests nothing turned up any problems)
3 HD's: a 2tb hitachi, 360 Western Digital and a 500 western digital. The Windows partition is now on the 500 gb which is the second oldest HD at about 2 years, the 2TB is not even a year old.

Windows is up to date, all drivers up to date, I've cleanly formatted the partition twice now and even installed Win7 on a different HD and I am still getting this BSOD randomly. Could be hours, could be days, or sometimes a few minutes after starting. I've reseated ram, reconnected all power cables and IDE cables, I've tried everything I can think of, I cannot nail down what is causing this BSOD. Occasionally after rebooting it'll get to the Win7 logo loading screen (with the multi colored Windows logo) then BSOD immediately, and sometimes it takes 3 or so reboots to get past this.

I've went through 3-4 versions of my video drivers and I've had BSOD's with all. BIOS is up to date as far as I'm aware but I doubt it's a BIOS error as I've never crashed before getting to the Windows loading screen. It happened literally not even 10 hours after a fresh Windows 7 install. This problem first occurred after a fresh install of Win7, no new hardware was installed, although I think my 2TB HD was installed a few weeks or maybe a month before.

If there's any other info you need let me know.. thanks if anyone can help.

More about : irq equal bsod

January 11, 2011 8:29:13 PM

Could you go on the event viewer and copy and paste the details of the BSOD so we can see what the problem might be?
m
l
January 11, 2011 9:18:09 PM

In my experience, this problem is caused by bad RAM or unstable overclock. I realize your DIMMS are fairly new, but you ought to test them anyway. D/L Memtest86+ and give it a spin.

The New Number Two
m
l
Related resources
January 11, 2011 9:26:48 PM

Sounds remotely like something that happened to me last month. It ended up being some virus that was causing my computer to randomly crash and sometimes not even log in. I ended up doing a full clean reinstall of Win7 and that fixed my problem. Try going into safe mode and run a full system scan with malwarebytes and SUPERantispyware which are both free. A virus could be causing your problem since the same thing happened to me, random freezing and crashing.
m
l
January 11, 2011 11:17:18 PM

The problem is probably the RAM voltage in the BIOS. Check the rated voltage the RAM should be used at on the packaging/manufacturer's website, and make sure the same is used from the BIOS.
:sol: 
m
l
January 12, 2011 3:06:26 AM

database_89 said:
Could you go on the event viewer and copy and paste the details of the BSOD so we can see what the problem might be?

Believe this is the one, at least this is the stop error I keep getting on the BSOD

Quote:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a (0xfffffa502fffffe0, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000001, 0xfffff8000290c349). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 011111-28953-01.

Will check the voltages... IIRC when I installed the new RAM it wouldn't boot up at all until I googled the problem and the voltages were lower or timing was mismatched or something for some reason. Didn't figure it had anything to do with it since it worked fine for a looong time. Thanks.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 12, 2011 5:46:27 AM

Faulty on incorrectly configured RAM. Try them one stick at a time and see what happens.
m
l
!