Cheapest (including refill economics) personal printer (on..

Need recommendation for basic B&W printer

I already have a decent color printer for photos, so color doesn't
matter. (Though I imagine it's tough now to find a personal printer
that *doesn't* have color?) Speed also not really a factor.
Dependability matters, of course.

That aside, any recommendations on an inexpensive printer for
occasional home use? (I can use a laser at work, so absolute top
quality matters less at home). I'd also be concerned about the
catridge mechanism / ink costs - ideally has cartridge that is
refillable using a kit.

Basically I'm trying to find a printer so cheap (but does the job)
that it's practically disposable.

Thanks if you've looked into this...

- TK

The Canon i560 would meet your needs perfectly.

Customer Service ( customer.service@weink.com )
WeInk, LLC
http://www.weink.com
Beat the high cost of printing with
Camel Continuous Re-Inking System
_____________________________

On 3 Apr 2004 15:25:26 -0800, trippknightly@hotmail.com (Tripp
Knightly) wrote:

>Need recommendation for basic B&W printer
>
>I already have a decent color printer for photos, so color doesn't
>matter. (Though I imagine it's tough now to find a personal printer
>that *doesn't* have color?) Speed also not really a factor.
>Dependability matters, of course.
>
>That aside, any recommendations on an inexpensive printer for
>occasional home use? (I can use a laser at work, so absolute top
>quality matters less at home). I'd also be concerned about the
>catridge mechanism / ink costs - ideally has cartridge that is
>refillable using a kit.
>
>Basically I'm trying to find a printer so cheap (but does the job)
>that it's practically disposable.
>
>Thanks if you've looked into this...
>
> - TK

The most cost effective B&W printer is a Kyocera laser. And they do a
nice one for home use. They have the lowest running costs, lower than
most other lasers and way lower than *any* ink jet. And if you're
concerned about the environment at all, they're far "greener" than any
other printer too.

--

Hecate
Hecate@newsguy.com