Cheapest (including refill economics) personal printer (on..

Need recommendation for basic B&W printer

I already have a decent color printer for photos, so color doesn't
matter. (Though I imagine it's tough now to find a personal printer
that *doesn't* have color?) Speed also not really a factor.
Dependability matters, of course.

That aside, any recommendations on an inexpensive printer for
occasional home use? (I can use a laser at work, so absolute top
quality matters less at home). I'd also be concerned about the
catridge mechanism / ink costs - ideally has cartridge that is
refillable using a kit.

Basically I'm trying to find a printer so cheap (but does the job)
that it's practically disposable.

Thanks if you've looked into this...

- TK
2 answers Last reply
More about cheapest including refill economics personal printer

    The Canon i560 would meet your needs perfectly.

    Customer Service ( customer.service@weink.com )
    WeInk, LLC
    http://www.weink.com
    Beat the high cost of printing with
    Camel Continuous Re-Inking System
    _____________________________

    On 3 Apr 2004 15:25:26 -0800, trippknightly@hotmail.com (Tripp
    Knightly) wrote:

    >Need recommendation for basic B&W printer
    >
    >I already have a decent color printer for photos, so color doesn't
    >matter. (Though I imagine it's tough now to find a personal printer
    >that *doesn't* have color?) Speed also not really a factor.
    >Dependability matters, of course.
    >
    >That aside, any recommendations on an inexpensive printer for
    >occasional home use? (I can use a laser at work, so absolute top
    >quality matters less at home). I'd also be concerned about the
    >catridge mechanism / ink costs - ideally has cartridge that is
    >refillable using a kit.
    >
    >Basically I'm trying to find a printer so cheap (but does the job)
    >that it's practically disposable.
    >
    >Thanks if you've looked into this...
    >
    > - TK

    The most cost effective B&W printer is a Kyocera laser. And they do a
    nice one for home use. They have the lowest running costs, lower than
    most other lasers and way lower than *any* ink jet. And if you're
    concerned about the environment at all, they're far "greener" than any
    other printer too.

    --

    Hecate
    Hecate@newsguy.com