Ad-Hoc very odd

Hello
Got 2 laptops configured wireless network by Ad-Hoc.
Both have D-link DWL G650. Host Win xp Client Win k
At first worked fine for a couple of weeks. Then did a Windows XP sp2 Update
on host and now lost interenet connection on client laptop. Although can
find each other and share files.
The odd thing is that on the task bar on both laptops, the signal icon has
all it's bars green. But when you open to view the link info, the link
Quality/signal Strength is grey (should be red/orange),
The status has each others mac addresses and correct SSID names.
Weird or what?
So first does anyone know why that is?
Secondly if files can be shared why can't the client connect to the
internet. The Host computer has ICS abled.
Thanks

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 13:11:01 -0000, "Newsgroups" <nomail@nomail.com> wrote:

>Hello
>Got 2 laptops configured wireless network by Ad-Hoc.
>Both have D-link DWL G650. Host Win xp Client Win k
>At first worked fine for a couple of weeks. Then did a Windows XP sp2 Update
>on host and now lost interenet connection on client laptop. Although can
>find each other and share files.
>The odd thing is that on the task bar on both laptops, the signal icon has
>all it's bars green. But when you open to view the link info, the link
>Quality/signal Strength is grey (should be red/orange),
>The status has each others mac addresses and correct SSID names.
>Weird or what?
>So first does anyone know why that is?
>Secondly if files can be shared why can't the client connect to the
>internet. The Host computer has ICS abled.
>Thanks

J,

Do you mean to say the host has ICS ENabled?

If so, provide ipconfig information for each computer (with the client connected
etc), so we can see what might be the problem.
Start - Run - "cmd". Type "ipconfig /all >c:\ipconfig.txt" into the command
window - Open c:\ipconfig.txt in Notepad, make sure that Format - Word Wrap is
NOT checked!, copy and paste entire contents into your next post. Identify
operating system (by name, version, and SP level) with each ipconfig listing.

--
Cheers,
Chuck

Forgot to say Firewall Disabled