Sun rays affecting computer parts

Do the light rays from the sun shining on a computer case affect computer
parts within the computer at all ? I am used to having my computer case, a
nice full-size Lian-Li aluminum case, being positioned on the floor outside
my work table ( more leg room ) with the back of the case about five feet
from an open window where the sun often shines in. I make sure there is
enough room so that rain does not get on the case if my window is open. But
I am wondering if the sun's rays can have any adverse affects electronically
on the computer parts within the case or the connections and wires coming
out of the back of the case. I mainly ask this because I have had some
recent video problems which I am hoping a new video adapter I should be
receiving tomorrow will solve, but then I thought that having the sun's rays
shining on the back of my case may produce some electric disturbance which
is, or could cause, computer problems and malfunctions.

Dano

UV rays from the sun will fade plastic parts on the outside of the case,
but will not enter the case. The only real issue the sun would cause is
excessive heat on the case.

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 21:14:55 +0000, Edward Diener wrote:

> Do the light rays from the sun shining on a computer case affect computer
> parts within the computer at all ?

Take a small metal container about 8/5"x11"x1" and paint it black. Put a
thermometer inside it and set it in the sun for about an hour in the same
room. Now open it up and read the thermometer. Now, what do you think?

bill

In article <pan.2004.04.22.23.40.39.743971@TAKEOUTverizon.net>,
w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net says...
<On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 21:14:55 +0000, Edward Diener wrote:
<
<> Do the light rays from the sun shining on a computer case affect computer
<> parts within the computer at all ?
<
<Take a small metal container about 8/5"x11"x1" and paint it black. Put a
<thermometer inside it and set it in the sun for about an hour in the same
<room. Now open it up and read the thermometer. Now, what do you think?
<
<

Well, a little tin foil, shiny side towards the sun...

Bill

"Wes Newell" <w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> wrote in message
> On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 21:14:55 +0000, Edward Diener wrote:
>
> > Do the light rays from the sun shining on a computer case affect
computer
> > parts within the computer at all ?
>
> Take a small metal container about 8/5"x11"x1" and paint it black. Put a
> thermometer inside it and set it in the sun for about an hour in the same
> room. Now open it up and read the thermometer. Now, what do you think?

I have no doubt the heat from the sun will heat up my computer somewhat. But
not enough to matter, since I have checked the temperature. Also my aluminum
case does very well as far as heat is concerned. I was more interested in
whether the light rays have any effect electrically on computer parts.

"DanO" <danogorchockNO@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
> UV rays from the sun will fade plastic parts on the outside of the case,
> but will not enter the case. The only real issue the sun would cause is
> excessive heat on the case.

I have checked on that and while light is falling on my case, I am rarely
getting enough heat to matter. WinBond's Hardware Doctor shows my System
running at 32C and my CPU at 46C, both of which appeat OK.