X in the icon but wireless is connected

yar

Distinguished
May 3, 2004

I have a strange problem.

I have a message telling me the wireless network is not connected and I get
a red cross in the network icon.

I then try to reconnect but am unable to do so.

I have now discvered that even so it is showing this I still am connected.

Thoughts please

FYI...I'm getting the same situation on a client's machine.... see my recent
post. For the record, I'm using an ipaq adapter (from Compaq). What is
yours????