boot from mirror disk in Perc 2/dc

eddie

Hello,

I have to install a new Win2003 server and the system is using a Perc
2/dc raid card.

The system disk is raid 1 fron the Perc.

After the installation, I check the boot.ini, and it shows the boot
record is located on

multi(0) disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\..

Of couse, since the raid 1 is build in the Bios level and the OS won't
see the 2 drive and only reconized it as a single IDE drivr.

My question/problem,

I try to pull out the primary drive and just left the mirror drive in
the system, of couse the system cannot boot. I tried to create a boot
floppy. The question is how can i specified the boot patition ? I try
:

multi(0) disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\..

and it did not work, so, how can I boot from the mirror disk ?

Please help !

Eddie

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

Plug the remaining drive onto the 1st drive connector.

DaveL