hi,

does anyone know how to enable smartdrv
on hard drives with xp as os?

tia
jim

XP doesn't have anything to do with it. You enable SMART drive in BIOS.

--
Steve C. Ray
(Replace "mail" with "36db"
"mtslim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi,
>
> does anyone know how to enable smartdrv
> on hard drives with xp as os?
>
> tia
> jim

many thanks,
help is always appreciated,

jim

----- Steve C. Ray wrote: -----

XP doesn't have anything to do with it. You enable SMART drive in BIOS.

--
Steve C. Ray
(Replace "mail" with "36db"
"mtslim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi,
>> does anyone know how to enable smartdrv
> on hard drives with xp as os?
>> tia
> jim

You are welcome.

--
> many thanks,
> help is always appreciated,
>
> jim
>

> ----- Steve C. Ray wrote: -----
>
> XP doesn't have anything to do with it. You enable SMART drive in
BIOS.

> --
> Steve C. Ray
> (Replace "mail" with "36db"
> "mtslim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hi,
> >> does anyone know how to enable smartdrv
> > on hard drives with xp as os?
> >> tia
> > jim

I think you have gotten bad advice before! Smartdrv.exe was a disk cache
provided with MS DOS. It is no longer needed (since Windows 95).

"Steve C. Ray" <stevec@mail.com> wrote in message
> XP doesn't have anything to do with it. You enable SMART drive in BIOS.
>
> --
> Steve C. Ray
> (Replace "mail" with "36db"
> "mtslim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hi,
> >
> > does anyone know how to enable smartdrv
> > on hard drives with xp as os?
> >
> > tia
> > jim

S.M.A.R.T. or just SMART is a disk monitoring firmware.