How to remove Windows 7 after upgrade WIN 8

vish22

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
Hi

I have upgraded my Windows 7 to Windows 8..But unfortunately I can't use earlier version,
Now I had to install windows 7 on other partition as my 3Ds Max was not working on Windows 8

Now My C: drive is almost full so I want to remove previous contents of Windows 7 what are unnecessary and may be wasting my drive space

But I don't know how to..If anyone knows then tell me how to? Or it totally converts Win 7 and space is covered by only Win 8 only?

Thanks

vish22

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
I upgraded Win 8 from windows 7 but still it showed earlier version option in start, other partition is the drive D:
Because my s/w ran good on Win 7

cin 19 as its upgraded version will I get that old folder? when I was trying to install Win 7 on same drive again (C:) then it told me that installing on this drive will make other window in windows.old folder and I can't access that

so I installed on D:....So one more doubt as my work was on Win 7 then will it harm my work also on Win 7 and I should search and copy those items or it will delete only OS files?
well my Win 8 running other programs same as it was before on 7 and using my data same as before..just Max creating problems when I works on it, it holds an image of my model in middle of windows when I selects a part of model
I have to close application to get rid of that.

vish22

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011

Is this only deletes files and folders what Windows applications use or it can harm your data also and we must check up that stuff manually?

thanks

vish22

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011

Is this only deletes files and folders what Windows applications use or it can harm your data also and we must check up that stuff manually?

thanks