Kernel-Power critical event

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overcklockalypse

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
Hi guys,

Recently I've been having a really odd problem with my computer. When left on for seemingly random periods of time it will just restart for no reason. It's never happened while I've been doing anything important, but I sleep in the same room and I notice the bios beeps.

When I come back to the computer after it's been improperly restarted I must log in. Upon logging in I am met with a dialog box that says windows has shut down improperly, etc, etc. I click check for solutions and the dialog box just disappears. Absolutely no result to doing that.

I then check computer management to see what the cause is. I receive the following:

Level: Critical
Date: 1/11/2011 7:45:51AM
Source: Kernel-Power
Event ID: 41
Task Category: (63)

This has happened 5 times. I was hoping it was just something power related as my house is pretty old, but I'm using a surge protector so I'm not quite sure. Now that it's happened this many times I realize it's not just going to go away and it could be pretty bad for my hardware.

Can anybody point me in the direction of resolving this issue so it doesn't happen in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.