Retention frame for AMD 64

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 22:58:23 +0000, André wrote:

> Do you know where i can buy in Canada a retention frame + backplate for an
> AMD 64.

Your MB should have had one installed on it. Contact MB maker, store or
AMD if you bought a retail CPU. You shouldn't have to pay extra for this.
Some Coolers also include this, but I suspect that will stop at some point.

All that is needed is to contact AMD... they will most likely ship you the
bracket free of charge...

If you look at what the package says it includes, it mentions the retention
bracket... they took it out and it is now the responsibility of the mobo
manufacturers to include it... some have yet to comply... if that is the
case (as I have seen happen) amd will ship you one (they might ask for the
cpu's serial #)