HP 960c problem

While attempting to clear a paper jam, I made the unfortunate error of
knocking some kind of spring clip off the underside of the paper tray.
Unfortunately, I can't work out how to put it back and worse, I'm not sure
how it was originally attached.

It would be a great help if someone with an HP 960c or similar could tell me
how the clip is attached. This is what I see:

If you remove the paper tray, on the bottom left hand corner there's a black
piece of plastic; this has two round pieces that slide in two grooves. As
far as I can tell the round piece at the extreme end of the plastic goes in
the left most hole. Above this there is a circular hole with another groove
next to it, which should hold the metal spring clip.

What I can't work out is what part of the black plastic item this is
attached to and what its position should be when the paper tray is removed.

Any help gratefully received.

Mike

Mike Buckland wrote:
> While attempting to clear a paper jam, I made the unfortunate error of
> knocking some kind of spring clip off the underside of the paper tray.
> Unfortunately, I can't work out how to put it back and worse, I'm not sure
> how it was originally attached.
>
> It would be a great help if someone with an HP 960c or similar could tell me
> how the clip is attached. This is what I see:
>
> If you remove the paper tray, on the bottom left hand corner there's a black
> piece of plastic; this has two round pieces that slide in two grooves. As
> far as I can tell the round piece at the extreme end of the plastic goes in
> the left most hole. Above this there is a circular hole with another groove
> next to it, which should hold the metal spring clip.
>
> What I can't work out is what part of the black plastic item this is
> attached to and what its position should be when the paper tray is removed.
>
> Any help gratefully received.
>
> Mike

From the linked page what part number are you referring to?

http://www.printerworks.com/Catalogs/DJ9xx-Catalog/105_9xxPaperInputTray.html

"tomcas" <tomcas@NOSPAMmjwebsitedesign.com> wrote in message
> Mike Buckland wrote:
> > While attempting to clear a paper jam, I made the unfortunate error of
> > knocking some kind of spring clip off the underside of the paper tray.
> > Unfortunately, I can't work out how to put it back and worse, I'm not
sure
> > how it was originally attached.
> >
> > It would be a great help if someone with an HP 960c or similar could
tell me
> > how the clip is attached. This is what I see:
> >
> > If you remove the paper tray, on the bottom left hand corner there's a
black
> > piece of plastic; this has two round pieces that slide in two grooves.
As
> > far as I can tell the round piece at the extreme end of the plastic goes
in
> > the left most hole. Above this there is a circular hole with another
groove
> > next to it, which should hold the metal spring clip.
> >
> > What I can't work out is what part of the black plastic item this is
> > attached to and what its position should be when the paper tray is
removed.

> > Any help gratefully received.
> >
> > Mike
> >

> From the linked page what part number are you referring to?

http://www.printerworks.com/Catalogs/DJ9xx-Catalog/105_9xxPaperInputTray.htm

Thanks for responding. I did some more searching this morning and
eventually found these instructions which solve the problem:

http://h20015.www2.hp.com/hub_search/document.jhtml?lc=en&docName=bpd09176