question

April 8, 2004 4:26:12 AM

what i want to do is buy a serial ATA drive and mirror all the data
from my current ide drive over to the new serial drive. Now, if I
install the serial hard disk drivers into XP before I mirror over the
data, will I have any problems booting off of the new serial hard
drive?

More about : question

Anonymous
April 8, 2004 1:04:25 PM

If SATA support is only running after the XP OS has booted
you will not be able to boot from a SATA drive. You will
need a hardware SATA controller and a BIOS upgrade so that
it can control a bootable drive.

Simply mirroring the data will not make the drive bootable.

news:D a2d9e28.0404072326.2dfa773a@posting.google.com...
!