question

what i want to do is buy a serial ATA drive and mirror all the data
from my current ide drive over to the new serial drive. Now, if I
install the serial hard disk drivers into XP before I mirror over the
data, will I have any problems booting off of the new serial hard
drive?
1 answer Last reply
More about question

    If SATA support is only running after the XP OS has booted
    you will not be able to boot from a SATA drive. You will
    need a hardware SATA controller and a BIOS upgrade so that
    it can control a bootable drive.

    Simply mirroring the data will not make the drive bootable.

    "Lucky No One" <zero@mn.rr.com> wrote in message
    | what i want to do is buy a serial ATA drive and mirror all
    the data
    | from my current ide drive over to the new serial drive.
    Now, if I
    | install the serial hard disk drivers into XP before I
    mirror over the
    | data, will I have any problems booting off of the new
    serial hard
    | drive?

Mirror Microsoft Windows XP