Is Abit over the hill ?

This should get the sleepers on this newsgroup awake............ !

Life in Abit-land is in the doldrums. Waiting for Intel to fix
Prescott and give us yet another incompatible pin-out
in the process. PCI-Express likely to be forced down throats
on the ill-conceived BTX format ( a worse cooling solution
for add-on graphics cards than ATX... exhaust heat from
the BTX processor area blowing over a 6800 graphics
card is certainly not what I had in mind. BTX is integrated-
graphics, Intel-centric... ). Abit's biggest recent blunder -
their ruptured relationship with Nvidia - no new Abit nForce
MBs --- the new MSI nForce3-250 MB just got a sparkling
review on Anandtech. No new Abit nVidia-6800 video cards.

At least, while Abit chews their fingernails waiting for
nothing good to happen, they might consider expanding
and correcting the English-language documentation on
their latest existing motherboards.

Now I shall replace my head-gear and run to my
bomb-shelter.

John Lewis

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

"John Lewis" <john.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message news:409040d6.1939861@news.verizon.net...
> This should get the sleepers on this newsgroup awake............ !
>
> Life in Abit-land is in the doldrums. Waiting for Intel to fix
> Prescott and give us yet another incompatible pin-out
> in the process. PCI-Express likely to be forced down throats
> on the ill-conceived BTX format ( a worse cooling solution
> for add-on graphics cards than ATX... exhaust heat from
> the BTX processor area blowing over a 6800 graphics
> card is certainly not what I had in mind. BTX is integrated-
> graphics, Intel-centric... ). Abit's biggest recent blunder -
> their ruptured relationship with Nvidia - no new Abit nForce
> MBs --- the new MSI nForce3-250 MB just got a sparkling
> review on Anandtech. No new Abit nVidia-6800 video cards.

Sorry, as always, it's natural selection hard at work. How many
more times do people have to get burned before they realize it's
an Intel-centric world?

> At least, while Abit chews their fingernails waiting for
> nothing good to happen, they might consider expanding
> and correcting the English-language documentation on
> their latest existing motherboards.

Don't count on it. One out of every three people on planet
Earth are either Chinese or Indian. Do the math.

> Now I shall replace my head-gear and run to my
> bomb-shelter.

If our current Disaster-in-Chief gets re-elected this year, most
of us will be joining you.

Rick

That is why English has become the universal business language and why most
modern countries require students to study English.

"Rick" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> Don't count on it. One out of every three people on planet
> Earth are either Chinese or Indian. Do the math.

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

Whatever. Doesn't exactly explain Abit manuals, does it?

Rick wrote:
> Whatever. Doesn't exactly explain Abit manuals, does it?

!!ROTFLMFAO!!

Capital!!!

:)
Qed.

Abit will release the nforce3 250 on 939 pin only

--
Mark H --- Frag on !
NF7-S v2.0 Win2k-sp4

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Hmmmmmm........Intel? HELL NO!! you'll have to pry the AMD out of my cold
dead hands. Intel-centric heh!

> "John Lewis" <john.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message
> > This should get the sleepers on this newsgroup awake............ !
> >
> > Life in Abit-land is in the doldrums. Waiting for Intel to fix
> > Prescott and give us yet another incompatible pin-out
> > in the process. PCI-Express likely to be forced down throats
> > on the ill-conceived BTX format ( a worse cooling solution
> > for add-on graphics cards than ATX... exhaust heat from
> > the BTX processor area blowing over a 6800 graphics
> > card is certainly not what I had in mind. BTX is integrated-
> > graphics, Intel-centric... ). Abit's biggest recent blunder -
> > their ruptured relationship with Nvidia - no new Abit nForce
> > MBs --- the new MSI nForce3-250 MB just got a sparkling
> > review on Anandtech. No new Abit nVidia-6800 video cards.
>
> Sorry, as always, it's natural selection hard at work. How many
> more times do people have to get burned before they realize it's
> an Intel-centric world?
>
> > At least, while Abit chews their fingernails waiting for
> > nothing good to happen, they might consider expanding
> > and correcting the English-language documentation on
> > their latest existing motherboards.
>
> Don't count on it. One out of every three people on planet
> Earth are either Chinese or Indian. Do the math.
>
> > Now I shall replace my head-gear and run to my
> > bomb-shelter.
>
> If our current Disaster-in-Chief gets re-elected this year, most
> of us will be joining you.
>
> Rick

"pry the AMD out of my cold dead hands" - That's quite drastic.

I have pried CPU chips (which I accidentally left on the floor) out of my
cold, soft heels, but your situation sounds infinitely worse...

"steve" <stevehovey@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> Hmmmmmm........Intel? HELL NO!! you'll have to pry the AMD out of my
cold
> dead hands. Intel-centric heh!
>

> "Rick" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> > "John Lewis" <john.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message
> > > This should get the sleepers on this newsgroup awake............ !
> > >
> > > Life in Abit-land is in the doldrums. Waiting for Intel to fix
> > > Prescott and give us yet another incompatible pin-out
> > > in the process. PCI-Express likely to be forced down throats
> > > on the ill-conceived BTX format ( a worse cooling solution
> > > for add-on graphics cards than ATX... exhaust heat from
> > > the BTX processor area blowing over a 6800 graphics
> > > card is certainly not what I had in mind. BTX is integrated-
> > > graphics, Intel-centric... ). Abit's biggest recent blunder -
> > > their ruptured relationship with Nvidia - no new Abit nForce
> > > MBs --- the new MSI nForce3-250 MB just got a sparkling
> > > review on Anandtech. No new Abit nVidia-6800 video cards.
> >
> > Sorry, as always, it's natural selection hard at work. How many
> > more times do people have to get burned before they realize it's
> > an Intel-centric world?
> >
> > > At least, while Abit chews their fingernails waiting for
> > > nothing good to happen, they might consider expanding
> > > and correcting the English-language documentation on
> > > their latest existing motherboards.
> >
> > Don't count on it. One out of every three people on planet
> > Earth are either Chinese or Indian. Do the math.
> >
> > > Now I shall replace my head-gear and run to my
> > > bomb-shelter.
> >
> > If our current Disaster-in-Chief gets re-elected this year, most
> > of us will be joining you.
> >
> > Rick

I've wondered the same thing John. From a customer point of view, no
more nVidia doesn't sound good at all. Perhaps abit's business model
is changing...

Forrest

Motherboard Help By HAL web site:
http://home.comcast.net/~hal-9000/

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 00:01:26 GMT, john.dsl@verizon.net (John Lewis)
wrote:

>This should get the sleepers on this newsgroup awake............ !
>
>Life in Abit-land is in the doldrums. Waiting for Intel to fix
>Prescott and give us yet another incompatible pin-out
>in the process. PCI-Express likely to be forced down throats
>on the ill-conceived BTX format ( a worse cooling solution
>for add-on graphics cards than ATX... exhaust heat from
>the BTX processor area blowing over a 6800 graphics
>card is certainly not what I had in mind. BTX is integrated-
>graphics, Intel-centric... ). Abit's biggest recent blunder -
>their ruptured relationship with Nvidia - no new Abit nForce
>MBs --- the new MSI nForce3-250 MB just got a sparkling
>review on Anandtech. No new Abit nVidia-6800 video cards.
>
>At least, while Abit chews their fingernails waiting for
>nothing good to happen, they might consider expanding
>and correcting the English-language documentation on
>their latest existing motherboards.
>
>Now I shall replace my head-gear and run to my
>bomb-shelter.
>
>John Lewis

TomG

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

LOL!

--

Thomas Geery
Network+ certified

ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
over 130,000 FTP users served!
^^^^^^^

"Jerry Polyak" <jerrypolyak@NOSPAM_yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "pry the AMD out of my cold dead hands" - That's quite drastic.
>
> I have pried CPU chips (which I accidentally left on the floor) out of my
> cold, soft heels, but your situation sounds infinitely worse...
>
> "steve" <stevehovey@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> > Hmmmmmm........Intel? HELL NO!! you'll have to pry the AMD out of my
> cold
> > dead hands. Intel-centric heh!
> >

> > "Rick" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> > > "John Lewis" <john.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message

> > > Sorry, as always, it's natural selection hard at work. How many
> > > more times do people have to get burned before they realize it's
> > > an Intel-centric world?

> > > Don't count on it. One out of every three people on planet
> > > Earth are either Chinese or Indian. Do the math.

> > > If our current Disaster-in-Chief gets re-elected this year, most
> > > of us will be joining you.
> > >
> > > Rick

BUFF

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2003

> This should get the sleepers on this newsgroup awake............ !
>
> Life in Abit-land is in the doldrums. Waiting for Intel to fix
> Prescott and give us yet another incompatible pin-out
> in the process. PCI-Express likely to be forced down throats
> on the ill-conceived BTX format ( a worse cooling solution
> for add-on graphics cards than ATX... exhaust heat from
> the BTX processor area blowing over a 6800 graphics
> card is certainly not what I had in mind. BTX is integrated-
> graphics, Intel-centric... ). Abit's biggest recent blunder -
> their ruptured relationship with Nvidia - no new Abit nForce
> MBs --- the new MSI nForce3-250 MB just got a sparkling
> review on Anandtech. No new Abit nVidia-6800 video cards.
>
> At least, while Abit chews their fingernails waiting for
> nothing good to happen, they might consider expanding
> and correcting the English-language documentation on
> their latest existing motherboards.
>
> Now I shall replace my head-gear and run to my
> bomb-shelter.
>
> John Lewis

ABIT is bringing out an nforce3 250GB board on socket 939 & considering an
nforce3 250 on 754.

> > Abit's biggest recent blunder -
> > their ruptured relationship with Nvidia

It was the other way 'round...

--
Pepe
Milano, Italy

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 21:40:06 +0200, "Giuseppe Carmine De Blasio"
<ltkojakLEDITA@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> > Abit's biggest recent blunder -
>> > their ruptured relationship with Nvidia
>
>It was the other way 'round...

There are 2 parties to every argument with apportioned blame.
Were you at the negotiations, or just quoting the word from
one of the parties ?

John Lewis
>--
>Pepe
>Milano, Italy

> Were you at the negotiations, or just quoting the word from
> one of the parties ?
Nvidia demanded to rise their royalties, get'em paid in advance, and get a
forfait even if the production didn't get the level negotiated in the
past...

A not so smart move in an ever changing market where they're the uncontested
leaders no more...

Does this somehow answer your question?

--
Pepe
Milano, Italy

"Giuseppe Carmine De Blasio" <ltkojakLEDITA@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Were you at the negotiations, or just quoting the word from
> > one of the parties ?
> Nvidia demanded to rise their royalties, get'em paid in advance, and get a
> forfait even if the production didn't get the level negotiated in the
> past...
>
> A not so smart move in an ever changing market where they're the
uncontested
> leaders no more...
>
> Does this somehow answer your question?
>
> --
> Pepe
> Milano, Italy

But what did they serve at the meeting: doughnuts or croissants?

Jerry Polyak wrote:
> But what did they serve at the meeting: doughnuts or croissants?

Old , stale " direct prints " , taken down from the entry way
at "VJ" ... the ones Amir didnt eat.

<te he>
Qed.