Scott

Question,

I am not running my drives in RAID configuration, but is there any
advantages of setting the ICH5R to use the RAID controller over running the
non-RAID controller on the SATA drives?

TIA,

Scott

TomG

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

yes, the Intel ICH5R controller, in raid mode, bypasses the PCI bus for data
transfer. even if you don't use the raid capability and only have one drive
on the controller, it is still a better approach...

--

Thomas Geery
Network+ certified

ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
over 130,000 FTP users served!
^^^^^^^

"Scott" <scrosler@cableone.net> wrote in message
> Question,
>
> I am not running my drives in RAID configuration, but is there any
> advantages of setting the ICH5R to use the RAID controller over running
the
> non-RAID controller on the SATA drives?
>

> TIA,
>
> Scott